DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who else is having a Blast with this new Camera

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Now some people can do this without the added control that the Cinema Pods provide but I cannot ,im to shaky but the Pods gave me an amazing control and the Rescue Jacket provided a Bigger Target in the sky .

I had a chance to use the New Cinema Control Pods with the Mavic 3 Pro 3 x Zoom
Did not use any slow motion or any active track just smooth flying and camera control at the same time.

This was shot from 1700 ft away with the Rescue Jacket to see more clearly the Drone near the tower and in the sky..
That bigger target helps out immensely as well as the Pods to control the flight .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water and take Cinematic smooth footage with the Control Pods.

2023-02-17_22h43_39.png2023-05-13_17h04_19.png

Last edited:
That tower is the perfect subject for an orbit with the 7x telephoto with the distant horizon view pulled much closer, showing the the difference in perspective! Even some still shots from 1700’ away with the 7x would work. Compare the same shot with the 3x and the 1x, filling the frame each time with the tower in the foreground and the horizon behind it.

Next time I get out to the Tower I will spin it with the Orbit at 7 , as I was just trying to see how close I could get to the actual tower with my own control .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water ,

Reactions: GadgetGuy
What are the Cinematic Control Pods? Are they part of Mavic 3 pro shooting options, or are they something else and a separate purchase?
There an extra Purchase : I created these Pods that surround the control stick and add a very liquid feel to them allowing me to have much more control over the drone as I have very shaky hands at times flying the drone and these worked out well.

2023-05-24_12h20_30.png

Last edited:
Sorry, I’m a little behind on the blast. I decided to wait a bit based on the lessons learned on the M3.
So far, from what I’m reading, everyone is happy.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Sorry, I’m a little behind on the blast. I decided to wait a bit based on the lessons learned on the M3.
So far, from what I’m reading, everyone is happy.
Yes, for a very happy DJI experience, best to not be an early adopter, but to wait 6 months to 1 year after release, by which time it is a mature, bug free product, and prices have come down, and all accessories are readily available, as well as the "Drone Only" option, and the highly discounted DJI Refurbs! Early adopters are the real Beta testers! Been there, done that, often voluntarily!

• Haha
Main reason for waiting is the availability of the promised "Drone Only" option and Refurbs later on to save some money. Mavic 3 is still a great bird in the interim. However, the Mavic 3 Pro has been a fairly smooth launch with nothing but great feedback! Only changes have been to the camera module, which are all welcome enhancements!

Main reason for waiting is the availability of the promised "Drone Only" option and Refurbs later on to save some money. Mavic 3 is still a great bird in the interim. However, the Mavic 3 Pro has been a fairly smooth launch with nothing but great feedback! Only changes have been to the camera module, which are all welcome enhancements!
There has been another Enhancement : The Speed of the GPS lock and home point light years beyond the Mavic 3 which i consider a huge victory and were talking 28 sats in seconds, so something must have changed in that regard.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Last edited:
Reactions: Greenflash
There has been another Enhancement : The Speed of the GPS lock and chokepoint light years beyond the Mavic 3 which i consider a huge victory and were talking 28 sats in seconds, so something must have changed in that regard.

Phantomrain.org
Good to hear! I'm likely picking one up later today from my local DJI dealer, as they now have them back in stock! You only live once!

That tower is the perfect subject for an orbit with the 7x telephoto with the distant horizon view pulled much closer, showing the the difference in perspective! Even some still shots from 1700’ away with the 7x would work. Compare the same shot with the 3x and the 1x, filling the frame each time with the tower in the foreground and the horizon behind it.

Thought you might like this

Thought you might like this
You did it! But you lost the sun! LOL!
To orbit counterclockwise manually just push both sticks apart instead of together.

IMG_4217.gif

There has been another Enhancement : The Speed of the GPS lock and home point light years beyond the Mavic 3 which i consider a huge victory and were talking 28 sats in seconds, so something must have changed in that regard.

Phantomrain.org
I have received 28 days since the day I bought my Mav3 3 months ago (within 1.5 sec EVERYTIME)

I am not sure why there is such a difference between the Mavic 3 / Mavic 3 Classic and the Pro but its obvious to me there is a significant change in speed and that offers a lot of benefits.

Just being able to get up in the sky so quickly is less noise for the Neighbors and that alone is a plus when I am taking off on my upper deck as well as just not having to wait gives more control on your timing .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water .

I am not sure why there is such a difference between the Mavic 3 / Mavic 3 Classic and the Pro but its obvious to me there is a significant change in speed and that offers a lot of benefits.

Just being able to get up in the sky so quickly is less noise for the Neighbors and that alone is a plus when I am taking off on my upper deck as well as just not having to wait gives more control on your timing .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water .
Saves battery power, too. More time for flight! I suspect it is necessary for RID to start broadcasting ASAP! HAH!

Just ordered mine from Adorama. Local dealer claimed "in stock" on their website meant "available for pre-orders!" :rolleyes:

Adorama order should be here Monday or Tuesday. Everyone else, except DJI, is completely backordered on the DJI RC bundle for $2200.

• Wow
You are going to have a blast with this new drone: I just posted this .

Reactions: GadgetGuy
You are going to have a blast with this new drone: I just posted this .

Glad it is working out good for you,but the story line well,I will just leave it at that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan