DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will I be forced to do a firmware upgrade after downloading latest dji go 4?

PropSpin

Reactions
I'll be getting a new mobile device to use with my M2P (iPad mini4) and will be installing the latest version of dji go4. Can I expect to be forced to update firmware on the AC and remote? Any way around it?
Thanks!

I'll be getting a new mobile device to use with my M2P (iPad mini4) and will be installing the latest version of dji go4. Can I expect to be forced to update firmware on the AC and remote? Any way around it?
Thanks!

I use the same setup as you with my MP1 and don't see why you wouldn't want to upgrade the AC firmware. I choose to ignore the controller updates as they seem to restrict some flight areas that are not a concern to me where I fly. Besides, I do more flying using Litchi than with the controller for mapping and survey missions on my property.

And be sure to Use DJI Assistant to update the battery processor on each of your batteries too! I just got two certified reconditioned batteries that are DJI-branded in DJI white open-box packaging that I need to update. Seems like a small bother but I don't see why it would be bad.

Others might chime in with their own take, so listen and use your choice of how to go.

Happy flying!

Last edited:
I use the same setup as you with my MP! and don't see why you wouldn't want to upgrade the AC firmware. I choose to ignore the controller updates as they seem to restrict some flight areas that are not a concern to me where I fly. Besides, I do more flying using Litchi than with the controller for mapping and survey missions on my property.

And be sure to Use DJI Assistant to update the battery processor on each of your batteries too! I just got two certified reconditioned batteries that are DJI-branded in DJI white open-box packaging that I need to update. Seems like a small bother but I don't see why it would be bad.

Others might chime in with their own take, so listen and use your choice of how to go.

Happy flying!

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that the firmware of the AC, remote, and batteries all required their firmware to be in sync. In other words, you couldn't just update one of the three. Also, the AC is where the NFZ database is updated.

Bottom line, I'm happy with the firmware as is right now and do not want to change anything unless DJI will not be making the geo fencing more restrictive. I thought that the recent December update was causing some folks more of an issue, requiring unlocks and associated hassles.

"I do more flying with Litchi than with the controller"
You're still using the controller, just not the Go app.

Yes, it is best to have all components at same revision. And yes, Geo is mostly a function of the AC and app. Controller doesn't have much to do with it

Current DJI Go 4 does not force update firmware. However, this could be possible in the future - even without updating the DJI Go App...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dseyna