DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Working on the video. Suggestions welcome

I hesitate to reply because I dont want to put you off anything you’re doing and I dont have a video of my own to showcase so you’re way ahead of me. You asked though so I will reply with my thoughts. Many times, especially in the beginning, I wanted to follow the elements closer to the ground. The mountains are interesting but I only need a little of them in the shots having seen mountains before. I would have panned down more than up looking at what the mountains had to offer. More time following the road, the houses, interesting places within the mountains. My style interests are a bit different maybe. See on YouTube creators like Phillip Skraba, SkyHighFilms, and closer to the US Casey Neistat. Now, these guys are standouts but this is the style that I find interesting but thats me. I think your video has interest, I like seeing new places but feel it’s a little too focused on the mountains themselves. In the first few scenes you were over a river. I would have liked to have seen the mountains but also more of the running water and maybe a look up the river similar to seeing the boat in the opening.

I would not have commented with my opinion had you not asked so I hope this is taken with a grain of salt.

Reactions: DiscoverSpain
I hesitate to reply because I dont want to put you off anything you’re doing and I dont have a video of my own to showcase so you’re way ahead of me. You asked though so I will reply with my thoughts. Many times, especially in the beginning, I wanted to follow the elements closer to the ground. The mountains are interesting but I only need a little of them in the shots having seen mountains before. I would have panned down more than up looking at what the mountains had to offer. More time following the road, the houses, interesting places within the mountains. My style interests are a bit different maybe. See on YouTube creators like Phillip Skraba, SkyHighFilms, and closer to the US Casey Neistat. Now, these guys are standouts but this is the style that I find interesting but thats me. I think your video has interest, I like seeing new places but feel it’s a little too focused on the mountains themselves. In the first few scenes you were over a river. I would have liked to have seen the mountains but also more of the running water and maybe a look up the river similar to seeing the boat in the opening.

I would not have commented with my opinion had you not asked so I hope this is taken with a grain of salt.
I thank you very much for your honest opinion. Unfortunately I don't have any shots where I have stopped focusing on the mountains, in fact, I have used almost all the shots I have to make the video.

I'll start watching videos of the creators you suggest to see if any new ideas pop into my head.

Thanks for your time!

I will add my thoughts. The area is very interesting. I would prefer gentle transitions rather than abrupt cuts. Many of the segments seem almost the same length. Also the drone doesn’t move into and explore the area visually. Many segments seemed to be done from a hovering static position with only pan or tilt camera motion. Use your aircraft to fly and explore the area visually. The village scenes had roads that just begged to be explored. Imagine where you would have traveled and explored on a bicycle rather standing in one place and looking around. The camera is your tool. Thanks for the opportunity. We will look forward to more of your work.

I will add my thoughts. The area is very interesting. I would prefer gentle transitions rather than abrupt cuts.

We have a different opinion on this: I prefer not to add anything that does not contribute to the video. To try to reinforce what I say, I add a video that would be nothing without transitions:

Many of the segments seem almost the same length.

That's right what's the problem, I follow the music

Also the drone doesn’t move into and explore the area visually. Many segments seemed to be done from a hovering static position with only pan or tilt camera motion. Use your aircraft to fly and explore the area visually. The village scenes had roads that just begged to be explored. Imagine where you would have traveled and explored on a bicycle rather standing in one place and looking around.

Most of the shots are taken with a handheld camera, not a drone, so it is difficult to give them more movement but it could be done, but better with a gimbal.

Thanks for the opportunity. We will look forward to more of your work.

Thank you for taking the time to watch the video, comment on it and make suggestions.

I am not a photographer in any way but these are my thoughts on your video...............
I liked it in every aspect, amazing video and clarity.
It's a keeper!!

The opening clip is absolutely beautiful.

The final clip left me looking for the subject. Parking area with electrical wire?

I agree with @TwoSticks that I wanted to see more of what was in the valleys below the mountains - the streams, villages,roads, ... I'd like to have seen more clips that concentrated on those subjects and fewer that ended looking at the peaks of mountains.

And I think @DougMcC was right about using movement by the drone to add some interest.

I liked very much the scenes from 0:55 to 1:05. They have a lot of visual impact power and the interaction with the music was very effective. They do a better job of conveying the grandeur of the landscape than the shots looking upward toward the peaks.

All-in-all, it was interesting enough that I watched the entire video three times. And once more, your work has reinforced my already strong desire to travel in Spain.

Nicely done, saw the whole movie. Would have preferred to see some "life", i.e. people, animals in the film, rather than all scenery otherwise it looks like the end of the world.

I too would have liked to shoot and show life, but the gorge is so narrow that there is only room for a road and a river, so there are no villages below, they are all in the mountains, like the village you see in the video, which I don't think has more than 50 inhabitants and the streets were deserted. There are hardly any places to stop the car and get out. Still, I totally agree with your comment: there is too much mountain in the video and not enough life.

It is a very inhospitable area, where hardly anyone lives. To get to the villages that do exist, you have to climb the mountain on hellish roads. In winter it is often cut off by snow.

So you could say that it is almost like the end of the world.

Thank you very much!

The opening clip is absolutely beautiful.

Thank you! I love it too. It's in the last village before entering the gorge.

The final clip left me looking for the subject. Parking area with electrical wire?

Yes, it is at the entrance to a village at the top of the mountains. There is a car park and a bar. The village has mountains in the background that are impossible to shoot as there are electric cables that appear at all possible angles.

I agree with @TwoSticks that I wanted to see more of what was in the valleys below the mountains - the streams, villages,roads, ... I'd like to have seen more clips that concentrated on those subjects and fewer that ended looking at the peaks of mountains.

As I replied to Harro, I would also have liked to:

I too would have liked to shoot and show life, but the gorge is so narrow that there is only room for a road and a river, so there are no villages below, they are all in the mountains, like the village you see in the video, which I don't think has more than 50 inhabitants and the streets were deserted. There are hardly any places to stop the car and get out. Still, I totally agree with your comment: there is too much mountain in the video and not enough life.

It is a very inhospitable area, where hardly anyone lives. To get to the villages that do exist, you have to climb the mountain on hellish roads. In winter it is often cut off by snow.

So you could say that it is almost like the end of the world.

Thank you very much!

And I think @DougMcC was right about using movement by the drone to add some interest.

I liked very much the scenes from 0:55 to 1:05. They have a lot of visual impact power and the interaction with the music was very effective. They do a better job of conveying the grandeur of the landscape than the shots looking upward toward the peaks.

All-in-all, it was interesting enough that I watched the entire video three times. And once more, your work has reinforced my already strong desire to travel in Spain.

Thank you very much for letting me know! I hope that if you get to visit Spain, you will enjoy it and not be disappointed.

Reactions: MS Coast
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmgde