DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Working on this video - Critics / suggestions are welcome

eutx9795

Reactions
As said on the title of the post: I'm still working on this video so any critic, suggestion or improvement is welcome
Thanks in advanced!!

20/10 I have updated the video with improved colors

Last edited:
Amazing video quality. Also, I liked very much the adherence of the video and audio dynamics. My one cent worth critics: I'm not sure if I understood the story you are telling. There is so much energy in the soundtrack, and you reflect it adequately by the appropriate video montage, but what is the general idea of this amazing video?

Good video, but I think you really need to improve the start (first 18 seconds). Sorry but it is rather weak footage and does not appear to be an “introduction” to the video theme (eg the village) at all.

The intro is by far the most important part of any video. You will either succeed in grabbing/holding the interest the viewer, or they’ll be disinterested and be gone (and the rest of the video will never be seen).

For the intro, maybe you add in a sunrise, peaking over a few rooftops or over a church spire. Don’t reveal the whole village yet, just the sunrise (to signify a beginning) and a glimpse of the village (a few rooftops) as bait. Draw the viewer in. “Story telling - take me on the journey”

As said on the title of the post: I'm still working on this video so any critic, suggestion or improvement is welcome
Thanks in advanced
Hi Rafa,
You are the master! Thumbswayup Thumbswayup There is nothing to criticize, in the contrary, your new video is absolutely amazing. The region is stunning and simply fantastic. The shot at 0.45 where the church appears suddenli is WOOOW I also liked the shot where the drone drops down in to the rotten house! I enjoyed your video very much, thans for sharing...Ah, the music and the editing are also "top notch"ThumbswayupThumbswayup
cheers Paul

Amazing video quality. Also, I liked very much the adherence of the video and audio dynamics. My one cent worth critics: I'm not sure if I understood the story you are telling. There is so much energy in the soundtrack, and you reflect it adequately by the appropriate video montage, but what is the general idea of this amazing video?

Sorry, there's not any story behind the video.I just want to show the beautiful, surrounds and not so beautiful of the villa in an enjoyable way

Thanks for your comment!!

Reactions: darvirz
Good video, but I think you really need to improve the start (first 18 seconds). Sorry but it is rather weak footage and does not appear to be an “introduction” to the video theme (eg the village) at all.

The intro is by far the most important part of any video. You will either succeed in grabbing/holding the interest the viewer, or they’ll be disinterested and be gone (and the rest of the video will never be seen).

For the intro, maybe you add in a sunrise, peaking over a few rooftops or over a church spire. Don’t reveal the whole village yet, just the sunrise (to signify a beginning) and a glimpse of the village (a few rooftops) as bait. Draw the viewer in. “Story telling - take me on the journey”

I'm not agree with you about the first 18 seconds are rather weak footage. The images have no problem with colour, light, .... and are beautiful, but is your opinion / taste. As we said in Spain, "para gustos, los colores" (traslated: for tastes, the colors) I think in English is similar "everyone to his own taste "

What I'm agree with you is about that the begining of the video is the most important part of it and I "will either succeed in grabbing/holding the interest the viewer, or they’ll be disinterested and be gone"

Your ideas about scenes to the intro are very good but unfortunately, the villa is a two-hour drive away and I'm not going back just to shoot new scenes.

Thanks for your comment!!

Reactions: TerryToast
You are a truly professional on this. I look at the whole video twice and I love the music selected and how well is the synchronization with the music. I just love it. Thank you for sharing.

Reactions: MindlessPursuit
Hi Rafa,
You are the master! Thumbswayup Thumbswayup There is nothing to criticize, in the contrary, your new video is absolutely amazing. The region is stunning and simply fantastic. The shot at 0.45 where the church appears suddenli is WOOOW I also liked the shot where the drone drops down in to the rotten house! I enjoyed your video very much, thans for sharing...Ah, the music and the editing are also "top notch"ThumbswayupThumbswayup
cheers Paul

Thanks Paul! It's nice to know you liked the video and enjoyed watching it!!
Cheers

Reactions: zeusfl
Any suggestions on these videos I filmed in Door County, Wisconsin? Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Part 1:

Part 2:

Any suggestions on these videos I filmed in Door County, Wisconsin? Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Part 1:

Part 2:
Good vids. I would suggest
1. Filming when the light is better. Such as during magic hour and/or days with blue skys
2. Do a few more pan-up reveals. Or even reveals in general. They are very good for drawing your viewer in and making them want more.

Reactions: SkyPath Studios
Good vids. I would suggest
1. Filming when the light is better. Such as during magic hour and/or days with blue skys
2. Do a few more pan-up reveals. Or even reveals in general. They are very good for drawing your viewer in and making them want more.
Thanks, definitely agree with you on the lighting, but I didn't have a big timeframe to shoot this. I will keep the tilt up reveals in mind too. Thanks.

@Mavics Rule: Over all - Great vids.

Suggestion section: (The following are my own views)
Light: Since you flew when you did, perhaps you can use the EC to adjust the light levels a bit. (Example (Part 1)) you were under the elevated walkway, the light seemed good, but when you came out, the video got darker. So, fly with video in manual or use the exposure lock to keep it at a level you like.
Speed: For me - It felt like you were flying around as fast as you could to capture as much as you could. Slowing down a bit would give a cinematic look to it.

Your flying is really good and the area is very beautiful - Everyone definitely looked like they were having a blast - I liked the slow-mo of the girl jumping off the rock.

@Mavics Rule: Over all - Great vids.

Suggestion section: (The following are my own views)
Light: Since you flew when you did, perhaps you can use the EC to adjust the light levels a bit. (Example (Part 1)) you were under the elevated walkway, the light seemed good, but when you came out, the video got darker. So, fly with video in manual or use the exposure lock to keep it at a level you like.
Speed: For me - It felt like you were flying around as fast as you could to capture as much as you could. Slowing down a bit would give a cinematic look to it.

Your flying is really good and the area is very beautiful - Everyone definitely looked like they were having a blast - I liked the slow-mo of the girl jumping off the rock.
Thanks for your suggestions! I was recording in manual with an ND4 filter on. Any ideas on why it got darker as I came out?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi