DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

WOW Am I the only member that's stuck with the original Mavic Pro??

the MPP was, and in my opinion ,still is the best drone that DJI have produced in the Mavic line up
it does exactly what it says on the box ,no hassle ,no drama ,no issues
mine after over 500 + flights is still in perfect working condition,and when i changed the skin recently it still looked brand new
yes the M2P has lots more functions and upgraded occusync but i think that they come at a cost that makes the MPP a better option

I too have an MPP but am very interested in the MA2. Could you expand on your assessment of a “cost” for occusync, etc? I assume you are thinking in terms other than monetary cost. Thanks.

I have owned some of the newer ones as well, but my MP from 2017 is still my #1 choice for its combination of capabilities, weight and size.
The only one that I would like to add would be the M2 Enterprise, due to its FLIR thermal imaging.

Reactions: mereflyer
Had a few DJI phantoms as soon as I got my Mpro I new it was the best bang for bucks (£ actually) , Im keeping it forever
Great piece of kit , now got 5 batteries (I cycle them) . Taken it to iceland and performed 1st class even in -10C. ( better than the ipad mini did lol) Fly it a lot in Scotland , Glencoe , rest and be thankful, Loch lomond , Glens and mountains, its a great machine and keeps on giving. Had it now for about 2yrs without any problems. Copes with the wind way better than I ever hoped for , cant fault it at all. (except the phantoms were esier to hand catch). Done evening sorties, day sorties got great pics and videos, which are spectacular. It does what it says on the box and it makes me happy. Long live the Mavic pro , soon to become a classic.

No matter what new drone comes down the pike, never get rid of a Mavic Pro/Platinum. Trust me, it has secret abilities that not too many either take part or acknowledge.
what are the secret abilities? I have two M1P's that i bought used. I love the way they fly and have always been reliable. i was thinking about upgrading to a M2P or a M2PZ but after reading this thread i think i am just gonna stick with what i got

From march 2017 on, I'm flying with the Mavic Pro. Just use stil the same 2017 MP software and DJI GO 4.0.8 on a iPad mini with IOS !0. Same config for 3.5 years. I once had a crash, Pilot error. This machine is fabulous. I only want another if this bird is dying.......

i can,t remember my pro having all the problems as the 2 or the mini and even the air mine just keeps on running missions for me and long range cattle hunts and always ,(most always) returns with a little marco polo help, sometimes

If you look back into the historical forum records it seemed as though everyone had problems similar to all these new editions. That is slanted though because the majority of people only posted when they had problems. I would hazard a guess without anything to back that there are no more problems now than back then. Most issues are user error,
take all those away then probably everything would even out? One of my friends, very intelligent, bought the MA2. Had it for several weeks, never downloaded or read the manual, no clue in changing settings, only took off and landed in auto mode from the app, no idea how to use sticks to start, launch and land.
Nearly lost it over the lake after flying to critical battery level, had not waited for HP to be recorded then cancelled the landing on the app. Ended up holding drone in air until battery died.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661