DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yaw smoothness not adjustable in Normal Mode - Mavic Air 2

Yaros

Reactions
Hello, I have been using the DJI Mavic Air 2 for 4 months now with no issues running DJI Fly 1.4.4 and the yaw smoothness set to around 8, all working well.
Yesterday I updated the DJI Fly app to 1.5.1 and the drone's firmware to the newest one (as well as flysafe database...) and after that, there is an issue that the yaw smoothness in normal mode can't be adjusted, it is always set to 0 no matter the slider in the app. This is very annoying because the video is very, very shaky when I'm not careful and release the stick fast.
After having the issue while flying the 2 batteries, I came home and tried it again, but this time indoors because I was lazy to go outside and it seemed to work indoors.
Really strange, I would say! Today I will test it more outside and tell you how it reacts.

Anyone had this issue with the new DJI Fly app recently?

Reactions: KansasSkies21
Hello, I have been using the DJI Mavic Air 2 for 4 months now with no issues running DJI Fly 1.4.4 and the yaw smoothness set to around 8, all working well.
Yesterday I updated the DJI Fly app to 1.5.1 and the drone's firmware to the newest one (as well as flysafe database...) and after that, there is an issue that the yaw smoothness in normal mode can't be adjusted, it is always set to 0 no matter the slider in the app. This is very annoying because the video is very, very shaky when I'm not careful and release the stick fast.
After having the issue while flying the 2 batteries, I came home and tried it again, but this time indoors because I was lazy to go outside and it seemed to work indoors.
Really strange, I would say! Today I will test it more outside and tell you how it reacts.

Interesting observation, I will have to check that on my MA2 and see what's going on. I'm also running the exact setup you have.

Should be no reason for difference - inside or outside. Maybe setting the yaw while inside and no motors running allows that to happen - so set it that way and give it a try outside.

Some of the FlyApp updates do seem more buggy, so if that is the case - uninstall FlyApp 1.5.x and install a previous version you had that worked. Nothing wrong in doing that. There are posts that tell you where you can get the older versions, as DJI won't have them listed on their site.

Quick question for you: did you update all your batteries? I had a similar issue that was resolved when i did the update with each of the 3 batteries in the drone. Hope it helps! Please disregard my ignorance if not.lol

My yaw setting still works after the upgrade but I think some of the complaints about the fly app is people think it lacks settings because for some reason only known to DJI, they have the advanced control settings listed as advanced gimbal settings. ???

Reactions: SkyPath Studios
You do have to be connected to make the change. I'm thinking you already know that.

Reactions: Yaros
Thanks for your suggestions!
Today was finally good weather again, I flew 3 batteries and didn't have any issue, it worked great, as it should!
That was such a strange one-time thing, I guess...

I will definitely check today, flew mine yesterday but didn’t have time to update. It is strange having advanced settings mixed in with gimbal stuff!?!

Reactions: Yaros
I will definitely check today, flew mine yesterday but didn’t have time to update. It is strange having advanced settings mixed in with gimbal stuff!?!
Yes, I thought so too. It is pretty strange to have it mixed.
But it kind of makes sense, because the gimbal makes the yaw movement smoother, so they work together to make your video smoother, but still pretty confusing.

Same

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore