DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yet another Aircraft disconnected tread...

MbenzNo

Reactions
Hi all.

I am plagued with random Aircraft Disconnected or just Disconnected messages in my DJI Go4 app.
Sometimes it seems that it is just the phone that is loosing connection with the controller, but most of the time I also loose contact with the MP, and it does a RTH. There is no disconnected message on the controller itself.
I have tried different (Samsung) phones, and is currently using a Samsung Galaxy Note 8. I have Updated to latest firmware on controller and MP/Batteries. I also have re-synced controller and MP.

When the Aircraft Disconnected message appears the Video goes black/white and freezes.
Disconnection can happen before takeoff, right after takeoff and mid flight with drone in line of sight (Less than 500 meters distance)
Tried different USB cables, both from side and bottom connector.

I have searched the forum and googled this problem without finding a solution. Only other with similar problems. I have opened a support ticked with DJI but have not got any response yet.
How do I read the Log Files off the MP itself?
Any suggestions for fault isolation?

Best regards.
St1-R

Hi all.

I am plagued with random Aircraft Disconnected or just Disconnected messages in my DJI Go4 app.
Sometimes it seems that it is just the phone that is loosing connection with the controller, but most of the time I also loose contact with the MP, and it does a RTH. There is no disconnected message on the controller itself.
I have tried different (Samsung) phones, and is currently using a Samsung Galaxy Note 8. I have Updated to latest firmware on controller and MP/Batteries. I also have re-synced controller and MP.

When the Aircraft Disconnected message appears the Video goes black/white and freezes.
Disconnection can happen before takeoff, right after takeoff and mid flight with drone in line of sight (Less than 500 meters distance)
Tried different USB cables, both from side and bottom connector.

I have searched the forum and googled this problem without finding a solution. Only other with similar problems. I have opened a support ticked with DJI but have not got any response yet.
How do I read the Log Files off the MP itself?
Any suggestions for fault isolation?

Best regards.
St1-R
To read the Drone info:

- connect the cable with the Mavic to the PC
- launch DJI assistant 2
- click on “log book”
- there you will find all of the aircrafts info.

Reactions: imavicpro
I had the same problem with my P3S. DJI suggested that I had to send the drone back but I decided to buy a new drone.

I have tested some more. Home in my living room I have no connection issues. But as soon I take the MP out in -3 degree Celcius I soon get RC disconnected and Aircraft disconnected. It seems like there is a issue related to low temperature.

I first lost video transmission (RC-Disconnected), but still had control of the MP. After restart and a new flight I quickly got an Aircraft Disconnected message in DJI Go 4 app and lost connection to the MP. Could not see any warning on the remote itself, but I definitivly did not have control of the MP.

Reactions: mikeeerrd
Took the MP outside my house and hovered 40% of capacity of one battery. Outside temp is -7 degree Celcius. Just hovered 2m above ground and randomly checked controls. No issues at all...

Last edited:
To read the Drone info:

- connect the cable with the Mavic to the PC
- launch DJI assistant 2
- click on “log book”
- there you will find all of the aircrafts info.

There is no "log book" option.
I have Data Upload, Flight Data and Black Box.

If I click Flight Data, open the Data Viewer I and tries to open the disk icons on the MP, both tells me there is no disk inserted...

Did you have any problems before the new firmware install?

Have seen this issue from first flight (November/December 2017). So, yes I had same issue on previous firmware.

I would assume you tried to refresh firmware in the AC and controller too? one thought I have is do you know anyone that has an iphone that you can borrow just to try it with?

Last edited:
I would assume you tried to refresh firmware in the AC and controller too? one thought I have is do you know anyone that has an iphone that you can borrow just to try it with?
Yes, Re-flashed firmware from DJI Assistant, and did it several times to ensure all batteries have been updated. Also re-flashed remote controller.

I could test with my wife's iphone. Problem is that this disconnect messages happens randomly, and not every day or on every flight.

yes that don't help with it not doing it all the time :( try it with her phone a few flights see what happens

I now have had response from DJI support. Was given this link and a lot of other questions/tips: https://content.djiservice.org/academy/faq/?id=445

Enabled USB debugging on phone and cleared defaults on DJI Go4 app and did a new test flight.

Outside temperature is now -7 degree Celcius and quite windy, so i just did a low hover outside my garage. No issues at all. Landed, shut off MP and RC, closed DJI Go4 app and disabled USB debugging again. Turned everything back on again and did a new flight. Still no issues.

so you didn't have usb debugging set before?

so you didn't have usb debugging set before?
Nope. Had to Google it to figure out how to enable it on my Note 8.

But last flight was done with USB debugging turned off again. I dont know what to think about this issue. Quite frustrating when it happens.

In the DJI Assistant 2, Data Uoload list, all the flights from yesterday that had issues is not recorded. The two test flights done last night and this morning shows up, together with older flights from last months. This is possibly an indication of something wrong on the MP itself?

Same issue here after installing last updates. Im on iOS 11.2.6 and iPhone X. What re you doing DJI? I never had this issues one month ago, only from last updates. I think you have some error on updates because its impossible that all the cables all over the world have the same issue just right now. Yesterday flight for a 7 minutes (all charged to full), and had 5-6 disconnections. Flight zone with poor telephone signal and 3G. I dont know if this affect on transmission signal. Seems like a chinese toy for 3€!!!!

Last edited:
Short update.
I have now done 3-4 flight without any issues. On all these flights the Phone have been in Flight Mode. I will do som more testing, weather permitting, to see if there is any difference with/without flight mode activated.

UPDATED INFO: My problem is "iPhone X". There isn't a compatible device yet to fly with my Mavic Pro. I need to wait future updates to make iPhone X a compatible device with DJI.

Last edited:
Another short update.
Have had several other flights without any issues. Most flight have been with the Phone in Flight Mode, but also some flights with phone in normal mode.
No issues at all, have not seen the issue anymore. Suspect this have been a software issue/crash in the mavic itself that somehow have cleared. (Since affected flights was not recorded/logged on the mavic).

Will report back if the issue reappears.

Another short update.
Have had several other flights without any ....that somehow have cleared. (Since affected flights was not recorded/logged on the mavic).

Will report back if the issue reappears.

Same here! One flight of 10 minutes without issue with iPhone X in airplane mode. Wtf happen in Dji labs. Very curious that we re syncronized with the desconnectes issue. 8’ll post if comes again..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kquach229