DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yet another mavic mini gimbal stuck thread, with some differences

Flaxias

Reactions
Hi all, sorry for yet another mavic mini gimbal stuck thread. But I haven't been able to find a solution to my problem after trying all of the fix on the forum and youtube.
One of the main difference between my error and the others is that I'm stuck on 0% when trying to calibrate the gimbal. Seems like most of the error in the forum got stuck at 10% when trying to calibrate the gimbal.
The gimbal move just fine when first starting up the drone, but it no longer move afterward. It also can't be moved using the controller.

Things I've tried:
  1. Blowing air on the joints
  2. Moving the gimbal in every direction
  3. Tried both refreshing the firmware and downgrading the firmware to V01.00.0400
  4. Bumping the gimbal while it's turning on
  5. Calibrating the IMU
  6. Calibrating using DJI tools JointCoarse and LinearHall
Unfortunately returning the drone to DJI is my last resort because the warranty is already void. I would greatly appreciate any help to this problem. Thank you so much.

Attachments

• IMG_20210322_093618.jpg
    IMG_20210322_093618.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20210322_093634.jpg
    IMG_20210322_093634.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20210322_084241_dji.go.v5.jpg
    Screenshot_20210322_084241_dji.go.v5.jpg
    375.3 KB · Views: 27
Can’t personally help with your mini... someone will be along soon.
and....
Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy

Reactions: Flaxias
Thanks for the welcome ?
I would like to add that I'm comfortable with taking apart the drone, if anyone can point out what to look for (something might get disconnected?) then please feel free to do so

Having had the same problem except I was able to only calibrate to 10% I also tried everything you have and the camera moved like yours but my video was tilted..the fix was to replace the "flat cable" that runs from camera to mother board..an $18 part..major pita to replace the drone needs to come apart ALOT but doable..took my son (better hands/eyes than his old man) about 1.5hrs...works perfectly now..calibrated 100%

Jim

I am having a similar issue. Camera moves around freely at start up then get stops and leans to one side. Gimbal stuck error come up. There is also a grinding noice coming from gimbal motor. I’ve tried all the same fixes. I crashed and drone landed in the snow. If it’s that ribbon it shouldn’t be making that grinding noise? Seems like there might be something stuck in motor but seems to move freely.

Having had the same problem except I was able to only calibrate to 10% I also tried everything you have and the camera moved like yours but my video was tilted..the fix was to replace the "flat cable" that runs from camera to mother board..an $18 part..major pita to replace the drone needs to come apart ALOT but doable..took my son (better hands/eyes than his old man) about 1.5hrs...works perfectly now..calibrated 100%

Jim
Yeah, I took the drone apart last week and found out that I ripped the flat cable in half somehow. I already bought a cable from china (Only cost $7 including shipping). Should arrive today or tomorrow. Hopefully that'll fix it.
If it's still not fixed then I'm afraid it's the gimbal motor dying, the part cost way more and it's one helluva pain in the *** to replace.

Attachments

• IMG_20210322_173142.jpg
    IMG_20210322_173142.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 55
I am having a similar issue. Camera moves around freely at start up then get stops and leans to one side. Gimbal stuck error come up. There is also a grinding noice coming from gimbal motor. I’ve tried all the same fixes. I crashed and drone landed in the snow. If it’s that ribbon it shouldn’t be making that grinding noise? Seems like there might be something stuck in motor but seems to move freely.
Yeah, ribbon/flat cable is definitely not the culprit for that grinding noise. Try to blow some air on the gimbal. Just be gentle about it so you don't harm the flat cable. If it's still not fixed after you try everything to clean it then you might have to replace the gimbal.

Reactions: MavicMorgo
Thanks
I have tried blowing air in it a number of times, I can’t move camera with remote either and gimbal continuously twitches like it’s trying continue it’s checks but can’t. Is there any other way to clean it out besides air? Could something just be knocked out of place from the crash?

Yeah, I took the drone apart last week and found out that I ripped the flat cable in half somehow. I already bought a cable from china (Only cost $7 including shipping). Should arrive today or tomorrow. Hopefully that'll fix it.
If it's still not fixed then I'm afraid it's the gimbal motor dying, the part cost way more and it's one helluva pain in the *** to replace.
my old one still flew just the video feed was tilted and made it weird/dangerous to fly with tablet so I only flew in sight which is no fun:-/ thats why I got a new one on ebay. but now that the old one is fixed I keep the new one as a spare.

Cable arrived, installed it on my own, and now everything is fixed. I had some trouble with the drone keep asking for calibration even though I already calibrated it, but downgrading to firmware version .320, calibrating, then updating to .500 fixed it.
Going back in the air now, thanks everyone ?

Cable arrived, installed it on my own, and now everything is fixed. I had some trouble with the drone keep asking for calibration even though I already calibrated it, but downgrading to firmware version .320, calibrating, then updating to .500 fixed it.
Going back in the air now, thanks everyone ?
Can you show a picture of the cable that you ripped. Im having the same problem, Gimbal stuck, Calibrating also stuck at 0 while the gimbal is moving freely

Can you show a picture of the cable that you ripped. Im having the same problem, Gimbal stuck, Calibrating also stuck at 0 while the gimbal is moving freely
Hi, you can see it in the post above you

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada