DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yet another Virtual Litchi Mission (Chrome/Firefox Extension)

I have published new version 0.2.0 (you need to update extension in chrome). Changes are following:
  • Added options page to specify drone model for correct FOV calculation.
  • Fixed Waypoint Views in Diagnostics folder.
  • Fixed TNW mode (no need to specify it in settings), @joeruby please test.

Bazuchan, Your simulation works great now!
I mostly fly TNW (Toward Next Waypoint) so I can see where I am going first on a new mission. Then I can fly the same mission again (knowing I won't hit anything) with the camera free in yaw as well as in pitch. I have tested your Ver 0.2.0 for several hours on many missions and it simulates a TNW mission very well. I have also used a custom FOV of 94 degrees to simulate the Phantom 3 Pro (P3P) That seems to simulate very good too. It is nice to have the choice of TNW automatically selected, depending on the mission data.

You also found a way around the math Spline problem that was somewhat still in VLM during a TNW mission. I really appreciate all of you efforts. I can really trust your simulation now.

For information for other users of the P3P here are the specs for DJI P3P:
FOV = 94 degrees
Max speed = 57.6 km/h (16 m/s = 57.6 km/h)(I use 50 km/h)
Max ascent rate = 5 m/s
Max descent rate = 3 m/s
These are important when you climb or descend a steep hill during a mission. The aircraft has limited power climbing, and the "Vortex Ring State" could limit the descent rate. Also these may be DJI limits. If exceeded during a mission, you could crash into a hillside.

Bazuchan, thanks a lot for all of your efforts. We now have a very powerfull simulation tool.
Joe
KC7GHT

I got up early this morning to do some comparisons of the GoogleEarth-generated mission with the real thing (all at 25% of 4K).
These are with the "Mavic Air" field of view:

This is getting to be a very close approximation! The GoogleEarth is slightly wider than the Mavic Air, but it is close enough.

(Just like last time I posted pictures, the GoogleEarth Extension is a better approximation of my intended Point of Interest. In the middle pair, the Mavic Air camera should have been slightly further up to keep the PoI in the centre. Also the GoogleEarth mission was 6'43", compared 7'15" actual and Litchi Mission Hub estimate on 10'00", but these discrepancies have been explained elsewhere in this thread.)

Thanks again bazuchan.

I have published new version 0.2.0 (you need to update extension in chrome). Changes are following:
  • Added options page to specify drone model for correct FOV calculation.
  • Fixed Waypoint Views in Diagnostics folder.
  • Fixed TNW mode (no need to specify it in settings), @joeruby please test.
Changed to Phantom 4 Advanced. All seems to work for me. Thanks

Last edited:
Bazuchan, Your simulation works great now!
I mostly fly TNW (Toward Next Waypoint) so I can see where I am going first on a new mission. Then I can fly the same mission again (knowing I won't hit anything) with the camera free in yaw as well as in pitch. I have tested your Ver 0.2.0 for several hours on many missions and it simulates a TNW mission very well. I have also used a custom FOV of 94 degrees to simulate the Phantom 3 Pro (P3P) That seems to simulate very good too. It is nice to have the choice of TNW automatically selected, depending on the mission data.

You also found a way around the math Spline problem that was somewhat still in VLM during a TNW mission. I really appreciate all of you efforts. I can really trust your simulation now.

For information for other users of the P3P here are the specs for DJI P3P:
FOV = 94 degrees
Max speed = 57.6 km/h (16 m/s = 57.6 km/h)(I use 50 km/h)
Max ascent rate = 5 m/s
Max descent rate = 3 m/s
These are important when you climb or descend a steep hill during a mission. The aircraft has limited power climbing, and the "Vortex Ring State" could limit the descent rate. Also these may be DJI limits. If exceeded during a mission, you could crash into a hillside.

Bazuchan, thanks a lot for all of your efforts. We now have a very powerfull simulation tool.
Joe
KC7GHT
Joe, I have an extra Phantom 4 I will sell you. Obstacle Avoidance :). I have too many Phantoms. See you at the meet today.

I got up early this morning to do some comparisons of the GoogleEarth-generated mission with the real thing (all at 25% of 4K).
These are with the "Mavic Air" field of view:

This is getting to be a very close approximation! The GoogleEarth is slightly wider than the Mavic Air, but it is close enough.
Thank you for this comparison, I'll try to correct FOV. Will need to take my drones in air to check if it is drone specs or FOV calculation issue.

Thanks so much. Any chance you could make this for a firefox add-on? I'm falling out of love with Chrome and jumping over to the FF camp but completely understand if you stick with one platform only.
It was planned originally, but I was afraid of not being able to implement same set of features for both plugins, so decided to postpone it. Maybe it is time now, will look into it.

It turned out to be very easy, all I had to do is to tweak extension manifest file a bit and it worked in firefox without any code changes.
Here is Firefox version of this extension Chrome Litchi Virtual Mission – Get this Extension for ? Firefox (en-US)

Excellent! Thank you so much for doing this!

I'm sitting at home with a Force 6 wind gusting to Force 9 rattling my windows But I've still got my fix of flying thanks to your extension.. In the time it would take to unpack, prepare and launch a Mavic Air I've added your extension to Chrome running on Linux Mint 19, exported a Litchi mission to Google Earth and double-clicked. I've flown the virtual mission, seen where I need to tweak camera angles and waypoints and am very impressed. Thanks for your work in making this possible!

I also use your extension with big thank you!
Any function what we miss and only available in VLM app?
Any drawback exist?

I also use your extension with big thank you!
Any function what we miss and only available in VLM app?
Any drawback exist?
VLM have more customizations and covering some special cases better.

Can you write some examples?
I use both, but the plugin is so much easier.

Reactions: ozzyp3s
Thank you.
After "Export as VLM" command Is it possible to auto open GE and the mission, so i don't have to go to explorer, find the file .kml file, double click on it, find the mission in GE, double click on mission name, double click on "virtual mission" and finally see the flight?

I've tried the extension but went back to the app/ While it's an extra step, the app seems much more configurable/has more settings

Hello! I'm sorry - what i am doing wrong? Where is "Export as VLM"?

If the extension is correctly installed, you should see the additional entry when clicking on the "Missions" button. If it ain't there, then the extension hasn't been installed correctly or is disabled.

1589178845982.png

Try opening litchi hub in new tab or restart chrome.
Thank you for the answer! I done this many times, uninstall and install extension - NOT WORKING. In Firefox also NOT working.

May be this system screenshots can help:
Screenshot 2020-05-11 at 13.45.48.jpg
Screenshot 2020-05-11 at 13.42.27.png
Screenshot 2020-05-11 at 13.42.19.pngScreenshot 2020-05-11 at 13.47.41.jpgScreenshot 2020-05-11 at 13.39.30.pngScreenshot 2020-05-11 at 13.39.08.png

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada