DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you think you will receive your Mavic Air 2 by May 11th?

• Yes

Votes: 32 19.4%
  • No

Votes: 86 52.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • In Days

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • In Weeks

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Ordered and processed.

Votes: 10 6.1%
  • Received before the 11th

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Just Orderd!

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Already in hand!

Votes: 13 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Interesting, Best Buys status has changed, it 100% said guaranteed delivery by May 11th, now it just says "Get it by Tue, May 12"
Not sure about the logistics behind it. But regardless, I'm not worried about a few days extra, even a week tbh

Here is my canceled DJI order with Best Buy....

Attachments

• 20200506_104107.jpg
    20200506_104107.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 52
I doubt there's a worse job than DJI Customer Support right before a launch.

"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"When is is shipping?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Can I get a tracking number?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
'What do you mean I won't be the first one on the planet to get mine? I ordered before I finished reading the announcement!"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"

Or something like that.

I asked my vendor just to confirm when they would ship. That will be the last time I contact them.

Unless it's not here the next day... :p

Then it will be "Did it ship yet?"

Hahah....I’ve been refraining from comment. It is quite a bit like a bunch of wee kids at Christmas.

I ordered mine from DJI. They use DHL for shipping to Canada; no sales tax or customs duty. My experience with DHL has been excellent. No worries here.

Hahah....I’ve been refraining from comment. It is quite a bit like a bunch of wee kids at Christmas.

I ordered mine from DJI. They use DHL for shipping to Canada; no sales tax or customs duty. My experience with DHL has been excellent. No worries here.

I can comment because I'm just as anxious as everyone else. Nothing will be worse than Monday when everyone is posting pictures of their new drones and I'm in the corner sobbing like a baby. ?

Reactions: The Real DrSudz
I doubt there's a worse job than DJI Customer Support right before a launch.

"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"When is is shipping?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Can I get a tracking number?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
'What do you mean I won't be the first one on the planet to get mine? I ordered before I finished reading the announcement!"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"

Or something like that.

I asked my vendor just to confirm when they would ship. That will be the last time I contact them.

Unless it's not here the next day... :p

Then it will be "Did it ship yet?"

You forgot:

Where’s my refund?
My account still hasn’t been credited?
Been one week, still no refund?
Me again, still haven’t seen a refund?

DJI Customer Support is probably understaffed, due to the virus. I’m sure what little staff they have are doing their best, Working long hours with little breaks.

Paul

Last edited:
Yeah unfortunately guys you just have to wait. There is no point in getting frustrated with DJI, it is a Chinese company and the circumstances are completely out of their control. I import and resell for a living, I work with a lot of Chinese companies in Shenzhen daily.

If you want a very technical explanation, DJI is under immense pressure to meet their deadline that they have set with their major distros, most likely bestbuy and amazon; everyone else coming next (that’s who I’d give priority if I was them) and this COVID crap threw them off after all of their R&D and cutting deals with distros and resellers. Companies like BB and Amazon due have strict guidelines, and will punish a manufacturer in the long run, because they are losing money by defaulting on promises or losing customers if shipments come in late. Not saying that’s what going to happen, but I promise you that is their main focus right now.

The product obviously has to ship before their release date, if they work with a good trading company or premium courier service, their product will get here on time, no matter what. More than likely their retail purchases will ship via airmail (DHL or Fedex, working with Chinese national mail) and distro orders shipped well in advance via boat which does not take as long as you’d imagine as long as they are working with premium couriers who are on top of their paperwork and deal with brokers to pass customs quicker.

Now the curveball is that Trump has limited flights from China (for the guys that ordered direct) and shipping expenses have gone up two fold, the slider is that very slight chance DJI was government mandated to produce medical supplies for internal use and export, this is common with the factories I work with.

The reason why I ordered from BB in the first place is they were declared “essential” by the U.S govt, them, amazon (who trust me is taking full advantage of the circumstances) Walmart and I think Dollar General. Where mom and pop resellers and shops (the ones located in NY, CA, IL, etc) are deemed non essential, and yes courier services are full functioning, it’s up to the drivers (this excludes DHL and sometimes UPS) discretion to deliver to a “non-essential” business.

This is how DJI resellers here in the US are getting screwed by the chain.

This obviously applies to anything coming out of China, besides raw materials, medicine and medical equipment that’s a whole other conversation.

Yeah unfortunately guys you just have to wait. There is no point in getting frustrated with DJI, it is a Chinese company and the circumstances are completely out of their control. I import and resell for a living, I work with a lot of Chinese companies in Shenzhen daily....

Nice insight, thank you for the post. (shortened so I don't create a wall of text with the quote)

Looks like Apple started shipping. A user on the DJI forums posted thier order showing it shipped with a tracking tab and delivery for Monday 5/11.
That’s cool. I ordered mine right way from Best Buy over a week ago to get delivered the 11th and it still has not shipped

Reactions: nencmeister
No additional flight manuals - what’s included in the box is what you see in DJI Fly at the moment.

Hey guys, I'm new to drones and just joined the group. Although I've had a long time interest in flying, I've never flown a drone before. After seeing and researching the MA2, I knew the time was right, so on 4/28/20, I made that move. First drone! DJI said delivery in 7-10 work days, and today is the 7th. But my order is still in "processing." I wish DJI had the user's manual online so I could have been becoming more familiar with my quad. Looking forward to flying !!

Ordered on 28th of April, still says processing, delivery in 12-17 business days after payment confirmation...

Ordered mine from DJI second day available and it still says PAID. I don’t really care because DJI isn’t going to fold and I’m in no hurry. However, if the order status hasn’t changed by May 31, I’ll probably cancel.

I have a 65" TV coming from BB also. (scheduled delivery tomorrow)

The order status is still not showing shipped or anything like that, so I'm beginning to worry less about them not updating the MA2 with shipping info yet.

Ordered Fly More Pkg. from Amazon on 5/4 showed delivery date of 5/13 received email today saying delivery would now be 6/1. I was kind of expecting that.

• Sad
Reactions: itsneedtokno
Amazon has been delaying orders for logistical reason to prioritize “essential products”. In my experience they often say it will be several weeks but they actually ship quickly.

Yep. Ordered a bunch of non essential things a bit ago and it said they would take 3 weeks to arrive. Showed up on my doorstep 2 days later...

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661