DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Your opportunity to be in an EPIC drone video at Acworth!

RCdancer

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Site
www.dronesar.info
FYI. Thunderdrones (Rob) came up with a brilliant conclusion for the climax of our training at the end of the day on June 8 - recreating the infamous helicopter attack scene from "Apocalypse Now" with drones flying in formation out over the lake. We will use the app "Wingman for DJI" to enable drone formation flying. Sorry - this app is only available for IOS, not Android. I will be filming the formation with a follow-on drone. Post production of the video will add the soundtrack "Flight of the Valkeyries" and include snippets from the movie. It will be truly EPIC.

If you fly with an IOS device and are planning to get to Acworth the afternoon before, we invite you to participate in the test run. Download the software before you come and we will announce next week what time we will meet for the test formation run out over the lake. The software limits the formation to 4 drones, but we can add multiple formations if more than that elect to partake in this historical event. Rumor has it that Thunderdrones will pull drone smokebombs out of his trick hat for this event.

Postproduction in Final Cut Pro will generate the finest drone video ever. If this comes off as well as we think/hope, this could become the signature climax for all DSAR training ... and you could say you participated in the very first one. Make sure you come up with a cool call-sign as all participants will be identified in the video by callsign.

If you have an IOS device and plan to get to Acworth the afternoon before and want to participate, let me know and we will ensure you have the details when we send them out.

Note: there are still a few slots left for training at Acworth on June 8th. (We limit it to 20.) If you need a final incentive to come, this is it!

Bob
DSAR
www.dronesar.info

Last edited:
OOOOOOooooo . I have a comment , but its not PG-13 so I shall refrain.

Setup some dropped ice cream cone accidents with slow mo slides down the front of a chest and onto a bikini top. Have the Mavic flying across the front of the bikini model slowly while this takes place. Script it so the model looks like she is dismayed as this happens. Like , Oh my that pesky drone made me drop my ice cream all over the front of me.

I think I missed my calling and should be a writer for Hustler Magazine...

Oh, lipstick ! Lots of lipstick.

OOOOOOooooo . I have a comment , but its not PG-13 so I shall refrain.

Setup some dropped ice cream cone accidents with slow mo slides down the front of a chest and onto a bikini top. Have the Mavic flying across the front of the bikini model slowly while this takes place. Script it so the model looks like she is dismayed as this happens. Like , Oh my that pesky drone made me drop my ice cream all over the front of me.

I think I missed my calling and should be a writer for Hustler Magazine...

Oh, lipstick ! Lots of lipstick.

I dont think thats what Bob had in mind, but I'll run it by him. ;)

Reactions: BD0G
Guardian - "The Angel of Justice"

Reactions: RCdancer
I want to get different perspectives of the formation - ie., from above, behind, the side, coming towards me, etc. So I will be flitting all over the sky and need the formation to move slowly. They will probably need to do a couple of circuits around the lake and finish coming in towards the beach where I will be hovering.

If I do it right, I've have another career in movies and Hollywood will be calling me ... :p

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan