DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

Just received an email from TTUK the claim "no Authorised Suppliers within the UK yet have these items. They have not yet been released, aside from a few from DJI directly. This matter is as infuriating to ourselves and you are of course entitled to cancel in hope of obtaining elsewhere, but once stock is released in the UK we will market at the new inflated RRP and Fly More Bundle will no longer be available"

Does that mean Maplin aren't Authorised supplier ?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

TTUK? Who are they? (Serious question, not being flippant)

Sounds like they either don't want your business, or do if you are prepared to pay the new price whenever they get stock. Not sure if Maplin is "Authorised" but DJI gave a release date that seemed to be worldwide back in September, of mid October. Think that we would have heard this story before now, with other suppliers, from users on this forum.

We'll know tomorrow if the DigitalRev avenue is a good one.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots[/QUOTE]
Okay, so I got my Mavic and am delighted with it (even though I haven't had a chance to get it outdoors yet!), and I want to see what you all would suggest regarding insurance...?

Would it be covered in a decent home insurance policy under items away from the home?

Should I also take out a membership to a 'club' to cover me for third party liability?

Any advice would be appreciated!

When I looked at insurance, it looked like most home insurance doesn't cover drones at all. Often specifically excludes. If it comes to damaging the item, I bought the DJI cover (couldn't easily find insurance that would cover it... even gadget insurance excludes drones).

In terms of insurance that covers you if you damage property or an individual, a google search for me a while back revealed a few options - some drone memberships seem to include it in their annual fees. Most others seemed tailored to professionals.

Reactions: simon_t
I have spoken to the UK rep for dji . Met him by coincidence in Sussex model centre . SMS are official dji sellers in uk I can assure you there are loads of drones in uk from official UK suppliers .
BUT the UK rep did say that maplins do not purchase through him and he has no idea where they are from . He assumes they deal direct with DJI China.
Just go to there site or ring them to find out if there official sellers . I'd assume they are .
But who ever told you there are no official dji mavic being sold through uk approved shops was 100% lies. Now the shop I mentioned was due to get 6 in this week so you could call them .

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

About insurance I would advise the dji refresh . $100 and if you crash even if it's totally your fault you can get TWO replacements , not refurbished brand new . The first time you activate it you pay annother $75 the second time slightly more .
Scenario..
You crash into a tree mavic falls to ground rips gimbal off .
You send it back and DJI say warranty won't cover it because it was pilot error , the cost of repair will be $xxx . You choose to either repair drone of use your $75 dollar refresh option .
If crash was due to malfunction normal warranty would cover it .
I think this is a great deal .
I would never do it but on theory you could crash it after 11 months and get a new mavic .
The two catches are number one you must send back the drone with know major missing parts IE battery camera etc . This will stop you from removing the gimbal to have a spare etc .
And number two if you have modified your drone IE to fly quicker or further than it should .
Using litchi dose not cancel the policy .
The next big catch is think about doing this NOW as you must purchase within 48 hours of registering your drone .
Best wishes fly safe

TTUK? Who are they? (Serious question, not being flippant)

Sounds like they either don't want your business, or do if you are prepared to pay the new price whenever they get stock. Not sure if Maplin is "Authorised" but DJI gave a release date that seemed to be worldwide back in September, of mid October. Think that we would have heard this story before now, with other suppliers, from users on this forum.

We'll know tomorrow if the DigitalRev avenue is a good one.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
The digitalrev products are grey imports.

Sent from my D6603 using MavicPilots mobile app

I too ordered from WEX in 4th week of October. I called this week to be told they have only had a trickle of deliveries so far with no reliable delivery updates. I'm around one third down their list but no idea how long this list is.
I was also told their category managers were meeting DJI this week so I'm expecting an updated communication from them.
Here's hoping we get info soon. It seems some dealers are being prioritised to over others.
At least the weather isn't making me feel as though I'm missing lots of flying time.

Sent from my SM-G925F using MavicPilots mobile app

I too ordered from WEX in 4th week of October. I called this week to be told they have only had a trickle of deliveries so far with no reliable delivery updates. I'm around one third down their list but no idea how long this list is.
I was also told their category managers were meeting DJI this week so I'm expecting an updated communication from them.
Here's hoping we get info soon. It seems some dealers are being prioritised to over others.
At least the weather isn't making me feel as though I'm missing lots of flying time.

I was told by online chat that they don't source direct but purchase through RC Geeks. Ho hum. o_O

I was told last night that it would be the end of Jan.

I spoke to them this morning so I'd get someone different and was told they still have a date of mid January for the next batch but could change. I was told this date the other week which is why I checked again today.

I think everyone's in for a long long wait.

I have spoken to the UK rep for dji . Met him by coincidence in Sussex model centre . SMS are official dji sellers in uk I can assure you there are loads of drones in uk from official UK suppliers .
BUT the UK rep did say that maplins do not purchase through him and he has no idea where they are from . He assumes they deal direct with DJI China.
Just go to there site or ring them to find out if there official sellers . I'd assume they are .
But who ever told you there are no official dji mavic being sold through uk approved shops was 100% lies. Now the shop I mentioned was due to get 6 in this week so you could call them .

So where have the "loads of drones" gone? What is loads? Put a real number on it! The "oldest DJI authorised dealer" Heliguy have been well and truly sidelined with orders in the hundreds and deliveries in the tens.

You're correct. Not as good a deal as I thought. I'm losing faith in Drones Direct, as their marketing is obviously misleading.

I got the speal from Craig bottomley at drones direct in October telling me what I'm sure he believed to be true at the time ,' we ll get them first , preferred dji partner , cancel your jessops order and place with us yada yada.' If he hadn't have over sold it so much I might have....

Oh Craig.....I can imagine you sitting there now fielding calls from angry customers asking what happened to all the grand promises ....tucking into your 4 th packet of crisps! .

For some reason I envisage Craig as a overweight fellow, sweaty....unhappy because he eats and eats because he's unhappy, lives with his mum and is 43.

Reactions: Pjtyros
I got the speal from Craig bottomley at drones direct in October telling me what I'm sure he believed to be true at the time ,' we ll get them first , preferred dji partner , cancel your jessops order and place with us yada yada.' If he hadn't have over sold it so much I might have....

Oh Craig.....I can imagine you sitting there now fielding calls from angry customers asking what happened to all the grand promises ....tucking into your 4 th packet of crisps! .

For some reason I envisage Craig as a overweight fellow, sweaty....unhappy because he eats and eats because he's unhappy, lives with his mum and is 43.

He's only 23 - but lifestyle choices have had an unfortunate impact....

Anyway quite a few of the drone dealers gave out the same spiel - and they probably believed it at the time.

HeliGuy did the same "preferred dji partner, 1st to get drones...." stuff back in early October and they are still years away from fulfilling even Octobers back orders - let alone anything recent!

Still anyone with an early order can take comfort in the £100 saving when their Mavic 1 arrives in the late 22nd century.

I ordered from Drones direct at the beginning of October, canceled in December as they had failed to meet 3 delivery dates, would not have minded but they had full payment at the time of order and slapped a paypal charge on top, don't think I will use them again. Reordered with Digi Broadcast in December so hoping they will come through. This whole Mavic process has been a joke from the start, where did all the flymore combos that landed on ebay at stupid prices come from???
I have used Digitalrev in the past for cameras and have found their service great, should have gone with them.

Up to last Friday, SMS have had just 4 Mavics in total 2 of which they received last Friday.. (they are 5 minutes from where I work).

Maplins do deal directly with DJI I believe as their Mavic boxes have Maplins printed on the boxes (not labels).

He's only 23 - but lifestyle choices have had an unfortunate impact....

Anyway quite a few of the drone dealers gave out the same spiel - and they probably believed it at the time.

HeliGuy did the same "preferred dji partner, 1st to get drones...." stuff back in early October and they are still years away from fulfilling even Octobers back orders - let alone anything recent!

Still anyone with an early order can take comfort in the £100 saving when their Mavic 1 arrives in the late 22nd century.

Craig ? Is that you?! .

All jokes aside it was all the same speal most of the dealers were spouting and I m sure they all believed it as dji was probably giving them all the assurances.

I think that's changed now though as plenty of dealers are getting stock. Some faster than others. Jessops will come good for me at some point and I was a late adopter - 30th October. They quoted January delivery for me so I can't complain tbh.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan