DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

the big thing here is even if their expectations do happen.. they receive a few mavics.. what they receive will not match the orders they have..

a few here and a few there is what is keeping the con alive..

trog

ps.. i do wish you luck but in truth what you wish for aint likely to happen.. :)

Trog: made a mistake cancelling, imo. These things are fantastic - worth the wait.....[emoji41]

Here's mine 'hovering' today...keeps perfectly stationary...plus a picture taken by the Mavic whilst hovering. Very clear...
768059b5090394d7429e233758578b72.jpg

792630b757217e58a070c8ae49f7d4ba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Attachments

• IMG_1871.jpg
    IMG_1871.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Reactions: Andy
What was the fault with your gimbal?

Mine has been repaired and is on its way back to me, arriving Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cut a long story short, it 'micro shaked ' every so often, usually when pitching forward. I also had a separate issue with focussing as well , sometimes after boot up the camera would be almost completely blurry and tapping or centre focus would have no effect, then other times it would be fine.
Bit of a lemon.
What about you?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Last edited:
Cut a long story short, it 'micro shaked ' every so often, usually when pitching forward. I also had a separate issue with focussing as well , sometimes after boot up the camera would be almost completely blurry, then other times it would be fine.
Bit of a lemon.

Sounds similar to what I had. They've replaced the whole assembly and it's back in a UPS lorry. Shame it will miss the weekend, but I still think it was right to get it fixed. Still don't think I'd have received a replacement by now if I'd returned it to Selfridges and waited for a new one.

Sounds similar to what I had. They've replaced the whole assembly and it's back in a UPS lorry. Shame it will miss the weekend, but I still think it was right to get it fixed. Still don't think I'd have received a replacement by now if I'd returned it to Selfridges and waited for a new one.

Ah yes, you're the fella on that golden afternoon who was messaging from there aren't you?
I've got mine in with First Person View who also run Drone Doctor. Apparently they are the only DJI authorised service centre in the U.K., so I'm hoping they can sort it quickly. Time will tell, they've only had it for 2 days so far.

Reactions: mikeroycollins

Was it DJI you sent it back to? How long did it take to get it repaired?

Just to add some more info regarding CVP for all. I ordered a Mavic Only on the 27th September from CVP, around an hour and a half after DJI's announcement. I'm yet to receive my unit and on Monday I was told that there's no longer a guarantee that I will receive it before christmas. I was also told a while ago that my order was one of the first five for the fly less Mavic, so presumably they're only receiving Fly More Combos.

I ordered a fly more combo from CVP on the 30th. It came about 2 weeks ago.. (but was faulty so I sent it back).

I spoke to them today, and I'm sure they said they received some normal non-fly more ones recently. Though only a few units. You cant be far off in the que now,

Read back to my last post regarding how many units they have received..

Really regretting sending my unit back to CVP now and not directly to DJI. At least DJI would have fixed it and sent it back,, rather than me waiting potentially months for a new unit!

Take no notice of Trog, he's just regretting cancelling his![emoji12]

i do have a P4P plus on order from jessops.. but when i see delivery expectations moved from october to november to december then january i can only reach one conclusion.. the chances of me actually getting a mavic are pretty slim.. i am sure when january arrives it will get moved to february.. am i the only one that detects a pattern.. he he

i now have a paypal dispute claim with the dealer who took my money and for what its worth is still taking peoples money..

jessops wont make a charge until my P4P plus is ready to ship.. and i do think (at present) i might actually get one.. he he

trog

Was it DJI you sent it back to? How long did it take to get it repaired?

Yes, dji.

It left me last tuesday, arrived there Thursday. Sat unopened until Monday. Assessed Tuesday, fixed tested and flown Wednesday, posted back Thursday and I'll get it Monday. Can't complain really, as all i had to do was drive 2 minutes down the road to drop it off at the UPS drop off point.

i am gonna have to cancel (on principle) and come back next year i think.. i have now been told by my china dealer my first october and then november is now december but they cant say for sure..

people are just being given figures pulled out of the air just to shut them up.. so far its working but it cant keep working for ever..

for me its over i will now ask for a refund and come back next year if i still want a mavic..

trog

Yup that's becoming my thoughts

Losing the excitement

If nothing has arrived by February - 4 months after my initial order from HeliGuy - I'll have to have a re-think.

Exactly, I'm in the same position were I sold my P4 to fund the mavic so have nothing to fly and fed up of waiting now. Even more so since they announced the P4P which was only 8 months after announcement of the P4 which was a relatively solid platform and they had no need to replace it yet really. I guess i'm just pissed off at the farse that was the mavic "pre" order. really, what was the piont? The UK has been well and truly stuffed over in favour of other world wide orders.[/QUOTE]

You should have purchased from very.co.uk and took advantage of that BNPL for 12 months. That way you could have kept your P4 but still order your Mavic.

Yes, dji.

It left me last tuesday, arrived there Thursday. Sat unopened until Monday. Assessed Tuesday, fixed tested and flown Wednesday, posted back Thursday and I'll get it Monday. Can't complain really, as all i had to do was drive 2 minutes down the road to drop it off at the UPS drop off point.

That's very impressive service.

My combo is on its way from Jessops.

Reactions: V0mit_C0met
Mine arrived today also. Combo, Jessops 02/10/16 :)

Wow - I should have ordered from Jessop's! I ordered from HeliGuy on the 7th Oct - only 5 days after you and its still debatable if it'll arrive this month or as looks more likely in January. And even January is not a guaranteed maximum.

The pain from constantly kicking myself is hurting - I'll need a lie down.

Anyway its good to hear more and more are arriving to people. If nothing else it'll lower the costs on eBay!

Glad to see others beginning to get theirs - Jessops do seem to be getting quite a few in lately and they have been fair - no charge until despatch and 'holding' the original price, despite DJI blatantly cashing in and increasing the cost by £100.00! Because I 'saved' the £100.00 increase in cost, I 'invested' in the DJI Care Refresh policy. Although I'm fairly competent with quads (had a Parrot for a while, then a Phantom 2 Vision+, then the Phantom 4 - which I still have - and now the Mavic), it seems a few people have had accidents due to the smaller size and, basically, trying to do things differently because of it, i.e. fly indoors, fly through trees, etc. I have to say that I'm very impressed with the Mavic, it seems to be better built than I was expecting and, compared to the Parrot BeBop (which is only a few hundred quid different in cost), it feels premium. Off for a long hike this weekend - over 12 miles - and the Mavic will be joining us on the walk! Never did that with the P4...

Reactions: mikeroycollins
Any news from the VERY orders ? I know they said it would be delivered by the middle of January, just wondered if any early orders with them have appeared. I was late to the party on the 5th November, so would be well down any list.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15