DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Fly away

DJI must monitored this blogs >>> Mavic Pro Fly Away <<<
then erase my fly records on their clouds.
I launched the DJI app in ordered to fly.
They must have it on their clouds.
I logged today. All shown N/A.
Believe or NOT.
Shown N/A
I received the Mavic on Dec 24th
Started to fly on Dec 26th till Jan 16th

They don't erase logs. They're store locally on your device via cache, which are then sync-able to the cloud.

I received the Mavic on Dec 24th, 2016
Unfortunately, I did not have the DJI care.

Started to fly till Jan 16th.
This morning, I launched the DJI app
(We must launch DJI app in order to operate the drones)
signed and logged in.
clicked the paper airplane icon on top left of the screen
clicked the cloud on top right of the screen
all records shown N/A - why?
Someone must deleted all records.
Whom has access to clouds?

I might be wrong!
if the catch on the device are cleared/GONE. Then, all records are N/A

I received the Mavic on Dec 24th, 2016
Unfortunately, I did not have the DJI care.

Started to fly till Jan 16th.
This morning, I launched the DJI app
(We must launch DJI app in order to operate the drones)
signed and logged in.
clicked the paper airplane icon on top left of the screen
clicked the cloud on top right of the screen
all records shown N/A - why?
Someone must deleted all records.
Whom has access to clouds?

I might be wrong!
if the catch on the device are cleared/GONE. Then, all records are N/A

Device as in the phone you're using.
If you click on the Airplane icon, do you not see the logs at the bottom of the screen? Unless you purposely cleared the data on the app before doing a cloud sync, they will be there.

Can you describe the location you were flying in. Was in full of tall buildings? Was there anything that the drone would encounter that it would try to get around that is around 1000 feet high?
Greetings spiderpig, no tall buildings at all. All in the slopes/hills, while it's in the decent.
camera is still on, shown, and record announced, safe landed (on some empty street!) in 800ft away from home (home location is recorded) go home function does not work properly.

Greetings spiderpig, no tall buildings at all. All in the slopes/hills, while it's in the decent.
camera is still on, shown, and record announced, safe landed (on some empty street!) in 800ft away from home (home location is recorded) go home function does not work properly.

Since you know how far away it is, were you able to recover it?

If you have an iOS device try plugging it to a computer and opening iTunes. Select the phone/ipad and click on apps. The scroll all the way to the bottom and select DJI Go app. You'll see all the folders in that app. Export any log folders on there. I think there is one called FlightRecord and another called log....just export any of them and see if you can find one with the same time stamp of when this occurred. That way we can see exactly what happen.

Are you claiming that DJI deliberately erased you flight data? For what reason? Did you have DJI Care on the Mavic?
Someone mentioned above, the log files resided in the device.
It will sync when launched DJI app.
I launched DJI app.
Somehow, all my log files are not there.
No, I did not have the DJI care.

Reactions: Mario23
Ok something is not right here. Where are the logs? It safe landed 800 feet away and u could not connect to get it back in the air. Plus u can't find it 800 feet away with the camera still on. Plus if it recorded your home point u should be able to see where it is on the map because the camera was still on so it's location should be on the map. I am not trying to stir the pot but none of this makes sense. O and don't forget it landed on "some empty street". Follow the map and pick it up. It is on the road. Not even in the trees. I am so confused.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

moocao, what kind of mobile device are you using?

Since you know how far away it is, were you able to recover it?

If you have an iOS device try plugging it to a computer and opening iTunes. Select the phone/ipad and click on apps. The scroll all the way to the bottom and select DJI Go app. You'll see all the folders in that app. Export any log folders on there. I think there is one called FlightRecord and another called log....just export any of them and see if you can find one with the same time stamp of when this occurred. That way we can see exactly what happen.
I was in panic mode. I should open the map to locate the landing location.
I was PANIC. Now, my $1100 is gone. hurt!!!

I was in panic mode. I should open the map to locate the landing location.
I was PANIC. Now, my $1100 is gone. hurt!!!

Did you have your FAA pilot information on the drone? Also what device were you using to connect to it? We might be able to find the logs if we know the device you used.

Ok something is not right here. Where are the logs? It safe landed 800 feet away and u could not connect to get it back in the air. Plus u can't find it 800 feet away with the camera still on. Plus if it recorded your home point u should be able to see where it is on the map because the camera was still on so it's location should be on the map. I am not trying to stir the pot but none of this makes sense. O and don't forget it landed on "some empty street". Follow the map and pick it up. It is on the road. Not even in the trees. I am so confused.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
As I stated in an earlier post within this thread..."this will be interesting". Like @longrange says, "none of this makes any sense".

Yes, I have the registration label sticked inside the battery's compartment.
Quick question...You stated that it may have landed 800' away, did you attempt to look for it? 800' isn't all that far.

Reactions: Spondon
@moocao - if you have a file browser on your Samsung, use it to browse to the internal storage on the phone. Look for the DJI folder. Click it. Then go click on dji.go.v4 folder. Then click on FlightRecord folder. Sort by date, and locate the file that has the date and time of the last flight. It will look like "DJIFlightRecord_2017-01-XXXXXXX.txt. THAT is the file that you need to upload to msinger's website: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Does that make sense? Don't worry about what the actual App shows for flight records.

Absolutely... Sorry to say but that all sounds like somebody's just fooling around with us...

You guys are more cynical/skeptical than I am, and that's tough to do. It's pretty clear English is not his first language. I suspect a lot may be getting lost in translation. Now that we know he's running Android, he should be able to follow the simple steps needed to get to the txt file on his device.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin