DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Fly away

I am just trying to figure out how it lands with the camera still on 800 feet away in the middle of the street with maps of its flight and location and it can't be found

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I am just trying to figure out how it lands with the camera still on 800 feet away in the middle of the street with maps of its flight and location and it can't be found

Exactly my point...and nowhere does he reference even looking for it.

Reactions: KevinT
Greetings all drone pilots,
My Mavic Pro fly away today.
Here is my routine checked prior taking off.
1) 99% battery power, both controller and the drone.
2) Started power
3) calibrated compass.
4) controller reported home location is recorded.
5) lifted off the ground
6) moved the drone 25ft horizontal 25ft vertical
7) set home point.
8) observation of surround area.
5) all clear.
6) climbed up altitude of 100 ft

While Recorded several different setup of video.
Controller report 30% battery power.
Hit return home key.
Drone did not respond accordingly, it increased altitude
flew up 950ft vertical, 400 ft horizontal away from home.
while camera is recorded.
controller reported safe landed at somewhere unknown location.

Received the Mavic on Dec 24th. I bought myself a gift.
Just unbelievable - It's a TOTAL lost.

To all drone pilots. Please have your tel on the drone.
Just in case someone found.

Did you set the home point twice? Once before you took off? Then once again in the air?

You guys are more cynical/skeptical than I am, and that's tough to do. It's pretty clear English is not his first language. I suspect a lot may be getting lost in translation. Now that we know he's running Android, he should be able to follow the simple steps needed to get to the txt file on his device.
Absolutely... Sorry to say but that all sounds like somebody's just fooling around with us...
I am not fooling around with any of the reader. I reported my Mavic Pro fly away while checking different videos setting. Controller reported 30% low battery. And, I was hit Fly Home button. The Mavic is unable to get home. It's true, no fooling anyone.

moocao, we're not going to be able to help you until you upload your flight log. Please do as explained above here.

That just odd, any luck finding it? Was gps strong during flight
Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
GPS shown 12.
To all readers, I just wanted to share information of what had happened to my Mavic Pro.
Information is information. I am searching for help to recover my Mavic.
If it is disturb your reading. Sorry.
And, I wish everyone best of all.

I want the ten minutes of my life back that I spent reading this nonsense hoping to learn something. Sounds like an inexperienced pilot trying to pin blame on DJI. I'm out.
Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Hi jamiemink,
To all readers, I just wanted to share information of what had happened to my Mavic Pro.

GPS shown 12.
Dude...it isn't that no one wants to help you find your Mavic. The issue is that you have haven't provided essential information in order for anyone to help. Answering questions about the # of GPS satellites is in the past and a waste of time. Provide Flight Log

moocao, what is your native language? maybe someone can help translate some of the instructions and hopefully help you to find your Mavic.

@moocao - if you have a file browser on your Samsung, use it to browse to the internal storage on the phone. Look for the DJI folder. Click it. Then go click on dji.go.v4 folder. Then click on FlightRecord folder. Sort by date, and locate the file that has the date and time of the last flight. It will look like "DJIFlightRecord_2017-01-XXXXXXX.txt. THAT is the file that you need to upload to msinger's website: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Does that make sense? Don't worry about what the actual App shows for flight records.
All
moocao, what is your native language? maybe someone can help translate some of the instructions and hopefully help you to find your Mavic.
Understand English very well. Files are not there.
1) Go to My Files (folder of Android)
2) Device Storage
3) DJI (folder)
4) dji_pilots
5) FlightRecord
All I got is just one file name of userinfo.json

moocao, we're not going to be able to help you until you upload your flight log. Please do as explained above here.
Followed the instruction.
1) Go to My Files (folder of Android)
2) Device Storage
3) DJI (folder)
4) dji_pilots
5) FlightRecord
All I got is just one file name of userinfo.json

When the controller reported as "safe landed" on the device monitor shown
Horizontal distant of 800ft away. I can view it on the map.
And, I was in the panic mode dont know what to do.
It's easy of talking about it now.
I just want to share my experience.
Sure, I use to own the Phantom 3 Advanced.
I upgraded myself to the Mavic.

I am now just unable to locate any file in the folder of FlightRecord.

Inside the dji go 4 app are you able to see any flight history. I know you are not seeing it in the file viewer but, do you see any flight history in the app (reference the pictures below)? If you need help use these screen shots below. Post a screen shot of what you see on your phone.
8625b1147c53039c40972058a57f8558.jpg
671fe732e425cb2d6bdb582d903b55ae.jpg
9e2c2594d9acf47dce1057a67f81cb4f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots iPhone 7 Plus

Last edited:
Reactions: ZALEXANDERK
Inside the dji go 4 app are you able to see any flight history. I know you are not seeing it in the file viewer but, do you see any flight history in the app (reference the pictures below)? If you need help use these screen shots below. Post a screen shot of what you see on your phone.
8625b1147c53039c40972058a57f8558.jpg
671fe732e425cb2d6bdb582d903b55ae.jpg
9e2c2594d9acf47dce1057a67f81cb4f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots iPhone 7 Plus
Screenshot_DJI.jpg

Reactions: Gordonbrodie
Quite interesting. Is that the phone you used? And were you using DJI Go and not Litchi or something else?
I am using Samsung S6.
Been flying Phantom 4 Advanced - Since 2014
Upgraded to Mavic - since Dec 2016

Not understand why all my flight record files are N/A
Call Verizon, there are nothing they can help.
Thanks for trying help me here.

And, thanks for taken your time to read and help
Sorry, if my information is disturbing/disturbed you.

Total lost my Mavic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661