DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2.7K Video hiccups / is not fluent

cyborx

Reactions
Hi all,

Sorry my english is not perfect.. but I just made a first flight with my mavic mini.
The photo's are fine, but the video on 2.7K is just full of stops/hiccups/interruptions. It is not fluent.
It runs for a second or two, then stops for a second and continues again, it s*cks.
What is the problem here? I made all the firmware updates.

I am using an iPhone 5S and a sandisk 64gb Evo Plus micro SD.

Please help!
Thanks a lot!

Are you watching the movie through the DJI Fly app or directly from the SD card on a PC ?

Might be the playback device you are using. Does it do this on a reasonably new model of computer with adequate RAM and VRAM?

Hi all, you are both right.. my 2009 iMac just does not like it :)
So, can I move on to the next question straight away? What kind of processor / videocard do I need to seamlessly process 2.7K video?

Would a 2019 3.7GHz 6-core i5 with Radeon Pro 580X (8GB) do the trick?

Would be great to hear from you! And thanks a lot so far.
It was so stupid to not think my 2009 iMac was the source of trouble, but thnx again!

Hi all, you are both right.. my 2009 iMac just does not like it :)
So, can I move on to the next question straight away? What kind of processor / videocard do I need to seamlessly process 2.7K video?

Would a 2019 3.7GHz 6-core i5 with Radeon Pro 580X (8GB) do the trick?

Would be great to hear from you! And thanks a lot so far.
It was so stupid to not think my 2009 iMac was the source of trouble, but thnx again!
This is the info on my iMac which is used for all my processing of images and video from my M2P. You likely don’t need a new one... but new computers are fun!
18C8412C-16E6-47B3-BA3C-67018A3AACEC.png

Reactions: Pochi
I'm not sure what the minimum specs would be, that would depend on what software you were planning to use.

for example, this is what is required for Adobe Premium Pro on a Mac

As you can see it's more about the main memory size when editing video

To prevent obsolescence I'd probably go for a I7 cpu, 32gb ram and the best video card you can afford

Last edited:
Hi all,

Sorry my english is not perfect.. but I just made a first flight with my mavic mini.
The photo's are fine, but the video on 2.7K is just full of stops/hiccups/interruptions. It is not fluent.
It runs for a second or two, then stops for a second and continues again, it s*cks.
What is the problem here? I made all the firmware updates.

I am using an iPhone 5S and a sandisk 64gb Evo Plus micro SD.

Please help!
Thanks a lot!
Do you playback directly from the Card / Card reader attached to the Mac or is the file already copied and located on its hard drive?

Just a 'go-back-to-basics' type question ... Are you using an SD card that is rated U3 (logo on the card has a U with a 3 inside it)? or U1??
If you are using a U1 card, this could simply be caused by the SD card not being able to accept the HD video stream from the camera. If you want no storage issues, a good place to start is to use only U3 rated SD cards.

@cyborx
As you have mentioned it is likely your computer that it having problems with the 2.7K video. Just for fun, I tried both a 2.7K raw video file from my Phantom 3 Standard and a 1080p video file from my Spark on my son's 2007 iMac which has 4GB RAM. I tested from the SD card and the files copied to the HD. In all tests the video stuttered right from the start.

If you are not willing to spend the $$$ on a new computer, you can try maxing the RAM as the prices for RAM is usually quite cheap. Failing that, you could try to find a used more current computer with better specs. I do agree with @Iannes - if you are going to a new computer it is better to buy one with the highest specs you can afford as video is one of the most taxing things you can use a computer for.

Just for info - I have a 2013 MacBook Pro core i5 with 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD and it can handle 2.7K fine.

Hope this helps.

Chris

It only happen to me when I hit the range limit, the drone signals by doing these "hiccups". How far away were you flying?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121