DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

4G Dongle Arrived

Make sense Suren, LTE need SIM card (or eSIM) and network plan to work, if DJI have no contract with Your operator it will not work as any other phone with no subscription ;)
I have the local LTE SIM cards in the dongle, it works in Australia at the moment with no Dji subscription.

If You have a valid SIM with a data plan ... I have No idea why it's not working???
The device Suren got requires a TD-LTE network. 4G networks can be either FD-LTE or TD-LTE.

TD-LTE and FD-LTE are not compatible. I have written this in other threads too, the dongle shown in screenshots circulating the forum is a TD-LTE device. These networks are more common in China. If the cellular networks in your area are FD-LTE this device will not work.

The device Suren got requires a TD-LTE network. 4G networks can be either FD-LTE or TD-LTE.
Question? Is there 2 different types of these dongles made? I cannot find any information about this and the guy from Aliexpress says as far as he knows there is only one type made.

Question? Is there 2 different types of these dongles made? I cannot find any information about this and the guy from Aliexpress says as far as he knows there is only one type made.
So far I'm only aware of screenshots from stores showing the TD-LTE version. However, past DJI responses to the matter suggest they are not ready/willing to make this globally available. They have also included local laws and regulations in their replies: 4G dongle outside of Asia?

Reactions: Suren
So far I'm only aware of screenshots from stores showing the TD-LTE version. However, past DJI responses to the matter suggest they are not ready/willing to make this globally available. They have also included local laws and regulations in their replies: 4G dongle outside of Asia?
When I read the manual it says capable of FD and TD-LTE

Reactions: alex_markov
IMG_1556.jpg

Then it should work in a large number of regions. Unless there is some kind of lock by DJI, which could be the case from what you have been experiencing and past DJI replies on the subject. There are some tables on this but I'm not sure how reliable they are.

Then it should work in a large number of regions. Unless there is some kind of lock by DJI, which could be the case from what you have been experiencing and past DJI replies on the subject. There are some tables on this but I'm not sure how reliable they are.

Thats what I am also thinking. Dji could have the FD-LTE bands turned off until they officially open it up to the rest of the world.

The Battery RTH signal will still compute regardless of the 4G network coverage increase to assist the VHF Line Of Sight Remote Controller/Rc Pro Signal, if lost. The Battery remainder power is still monitored by the the flight management systems. Plus, one does need to keep an eye out, anyways no matter what")
Smart Battery RTH is easily cancelable. My point is that the distance of the flight is limited by the battery power, long before it will be limited by the control signal, especially under 4G's unlimited range control.

Really interesting read with those attachments. Thanks for sharing them.

Really interesting read with those attachments. Thanks for sharing them.
However, they may not be up to date. For example here in Greece, VoLTE is enabled in all three networks but the wikipedia article does not reflect this. Still, information related to bands and frequencies should be correct since these things are set up for the long term and are very expensive in the first place.

Reactions: Suren
TDD is used primarily in China and on certain carriers in the United States (Sprint).

TDD is used primarily in China and on certain carriers in the United States (Sprint).
According to a conversation I had with a T-Mobile employee yesterday (at their store), they discontinued Sprint's TDD network after they purchased the company.

Okays, so it arrived and from the light status on it, Solid Green, according to the manual it is picking up strong 4G signals. Under the transmission tab in the fly app I can see the option to turn on advanced transmission but it does not turn on, when I try error says cannot connect to 4G signal. Any one clever enough so that we can hack this thing to get it to work. Oh and if I try with the FCC mod app I cannot see the dongle nor the 4G tab in the app anymore. It might just be that the New Zealand 4G network does not work in this thing.
Make sure you have Roaming turned on, on both Sim card services. I have it working in Australia through Optus

Make sure you have Roaming turned on, on both Sim card services. I have it working in Australia through Optus
Just tried that after seeing your posts on all 3 networks, spark, Vodafone and 2degrees and I still get the same error. But when I remove the sim from the dongle and just put it in like that I get a network error, no network detected. strange yet it does not connect

Okays, so it arrived and from the light status on it, Solid Green, according to the manual it is picking up strong 4G signals. Under the transmission tab in the fly app I can see the option to turn on advanced transmission but it does not turn on, when I try error says cannot connect to 4G signal. Any one clever enough so that we can hack this thing to get it to work. Oh and if I try with the FCC mod app I cannot see the dongle nor the 4G tab in the app anymore. It might just be that the New Zealand 4G network does not work in this thing.
You don't really need this? Especially when you can only fly so far on a single battery. On a good day 31 minutes give or take. Depending on the various conditions. Just curious what would be the point?

You don't really need this? Especially when you can only fly so far on a single battery. On a good day 31 minutes give or take. Depending on the various conditions. Just curious what would be the point?
It was an advertised feature and I would like all features that were advertised to be working in my expensive drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake