DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

4G Dongle Arrived

I’m going to hold off for a bit.
I tried a Telstra and a Vodafone SIM but both show “Dissconnected” I also tried an Optus sim that showed dissconnected too but didn’t have any credit on it so that may be the issue, I’ll try with another but I have a feeling I’ll have to wait until they enable TD-LTE, I’m guessing that’s the spec all the telcos use in Sydney…

I tried a Telstra and a Vodafone SIM but both show “Dissconnected” I also tried an Optus sim that showed dissconnected too but didn’t have any credit on it so that may be the issue, I’ll try with another but I have a feeling I’ll have to wait until they enable TD-LTE, I’m guessing that’s the spec all the telcos use in Sydney…
TD is enabled because that is what is used in China, it is FD-LTE that is turned off in the dongle which will be updated via FW when Dji decides to open it for the rest of us.

TD is enabled because that is what is used in China, it is FD-LTE that is turned off in the dongle which will be updated via FW when Dji decides to open it for the rest of us.

That's true, I meant to say FD... I still haven't tried an Optus sim with credit yet but I'm assuming (at least where I live) that it'll be the FD spec...

Reactions: Suren
Optus does actually have a little bit of TD-LTE in the 2300mhz spectrum, not sure how widespread or good the coverage is though, or if the dongle even supports that band.

Following for any recent updates. I'm interested in purchasing a 4 G dongle set, but according a DJI insider it will not work in EU. Anyone from EU here with a Mavic 3 combination 4 G dongle that works?

Can I ask what drones this is likely to work with if/when DJI release an update to work elsewhere? I have a MA.

Thanks in advance

That's true, I meant to say FD... I still haven't tried an Optus sim with credit yet but I'm assuming (at least where I live) that it'll be the FD spec...
How did you go with this? did you manage to get it working?

How did you go with this? did you manage to get it working?
Hey Bud, I didn't. I can't speak for sure but I believe it will only work in areas that use a specific type of cell spec. This type of cell spec is used throughout china but is very rare in Australia. Technically the dongle is compatible with BOTH cell specs but since it's only supported in China, It seems they have blocked the spec we use in AUS (and most of the rest of the world) from working so unless you're in a place that has this very rare cell service, You're out of luck.

Nothing yet, Dji duped us with this so called 4G for Mavic 3 for the world.
To be fair, at its best, the 4G dongle can only work where where 4G service exists. That is predominately limited to heavily urban areas where one might need to fly behind tall buildings, but even in those areas, 4G service may be sketchy. It is unclear why the dongles currently don't work outside of China. Surely DJI would like the service to work wherever possible. Why wouldn't they? Is it possible that FCC approval is needed in the U.S.? It's a nice to have feature, but certainly not a deal breaker!

i have a mavric 3 and rc pro u need the dongle for the drone and controller and a active sim card in the dongle and u can then fly over a big hill and land on the other side without losing transmission or fly around areas that have strong interference I'm in Australia mine works well

i have a mavric 3 and rc pro u need the dongle for the drone and controller and a active sim card in the dongle and u can then fly over a big hill and land on the other side without losing transmission or fly around areas that have strong interference I'm in Australia mine works well
What telco are you with?
How was latency?

Reactions: E.151 and GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcb2627