DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

4k 60fps at H.265 not playing back on MacBook Pro 2015

never have had any other than high-end ... anyways, my current pc build is even faster so would never consider a tablet when can use keyboard and mouse ... not to mention overall processing power,
anyways, tablets are good when comes to fly drones or ...play candy crush :)
Again, do more research because iPad Pro's use keyboards and mice. You're speaking about something you have no clue about and that is very obvious by your statements.

An Android tablet is basically a bigger phone. A iPad is closer to a Mac than an iPhone.

But you have a great day...

Reactions: Pakman4K
Again, do more research because iPad Pro's use keyboards and mice.

An Android tablet is basically a bigger phone. A iPad is closer to a Mac than an iPhone.
I know that but it makes them more laptop than tablet so whole tablets idea is gone :) not to mention hefty price of whole combo - 1.7k (plus accessories) ... you can get high-end pc for that :)

• Haha
Reactions: bp328i
That's because the mx150 is garbage, for editing your better off disabling it and using intel. I have a i7 4k with that save cpu and gpu, it's useless using resolve unless I turn off that gpu. My better laptop has a m2000 which handles editing 4k easily

Biggest mistake I made was getting all the high end specs Except the gpu on that laptop.

I know that but it makes them more laptop than tablet so whole tablets idea is gone :) not to mention hefty price of whole combo - 1.7k (plus accessories) ... you can get high-end pc for that :)
Again (it's getting old saying that) you need to do more research...lol

B&H Video, 11" 2018 iPad Pro and keyboard case (still a tablet and not a laptop), $918.99 total. You're not getting a high-end PC for that.

Again (it's getting old saying that) you need to do more research...lol

B&H Video, 11" 2018 iPad Pro and keyboard case, $918.99 total. You're not getting a high-end PC for that.
was looking at the latest one :)

Okay, B&H Video, latest model, 11" 2020 iPad Pro and keyboard case, $977.00. Anymore questions?
128GB model most likely when my phone got more :)
anyways, have fun with it :)

That's because the mx150 is garbage, for editing your better off disabling it and using intel. I have a i7 4k with that save cpu and gpu, it's useless using resolve unless I turn off that gpu. My better laptop has a m2000 which handles editing 4k easily

Biggest mistake I made was getting all the high end specs Except the gpu on that laptop.
I use my laptop for work (which isn't video editing...lol) and just tried to do one video in DaVinci and yeah, that didn't go so well. My iPad Pro with LumaFusion works for what I'm doing. If I get more into it I'll custom build a tower or buy a new 16" MacBook Pro.

I use my laptop for work (which isn't video editing...lol) and just tried to do one video in DaVinci and yeah, that didn't go so well. My iPad Pro with LumaFusion works for what I'm doing. If I get more into it I'll custom build a tower or buy a new 16" MacBook Pro.
yeah resolve is a pig on gpu, if you want to use it you can, just go into device manager and disable the mx150, it won't be great but will work much better

I don’t think words like “computer” or “tablet” are relevant anymore. Especially with processing power in Apple A series chips.

when I got my 2017 IPad Pro I had a 2016 MacBook Pro and the iPad Pro could edit 4K footage with no stutter and render much faster than premier pro on my MacBook. I have been Grading and editing 4K for 2 years on an iPad Pro so much so that I sold my MacBook Pro

since when ipads have been made for video editing / encoding? or I've missed something
[/QUOTE]
of course lol, their processing power is still lower than my 2017 build pc ... love all that apple fanboy talk :)

nobody said anything fanboyish, your perceptions are just outdated and you just HAD to compare your PC specs to an iPad.

I’m new here but if this forum is full of posters like this??

Reactions: Pakman4K and bp328i
128GB model most likely when my phone got more :)
anyways, have fun with it :)
AND...if you're using it for video editing attach an external hard drive. Let me guess, you didn't know you could do that either.

Bottom line is iPad Pros are very viable (and completely capable) options for 4K video editing. All while out performing PC at the same price point.

since when ipads have been made for video editing / encoding? or I've missed something

nobody said anything fanboyish, your perceptions are just outdated and you just HAD to compare your PC specs to an iPad.

I’m new here but if this forum is full of posters like this??
[/QUOTE]
guess youve got no clue, it was just pure price to performance / versatility comparison ...
...and at the end of the day, theres alot of things which are not working on apple (iPads) as they do on traditional pc's due to their hardware limitations
and I'm myself Macbook Pro user (plus got 2 iPads 'no pros' as well :) )

guess youve got no clue, it was just pure price to performance / versatility comparison ...
...and at the end of the day, theres alot of things which are not working on apple (iPads) as they do on traditional pc's due to their hardware limitations
It seems obvious you are either trolling -or- you were genuinely ignorant of the current IPad performance and rather than admit that you have now tried to rehabilitate your argument to include other factors. To the extent you have now included versatility as a factor in comparing the IPad to a PC configuration I hope you can appreciate the ridiculousness, at least with respect to portability and convenience.

You suggested IPads can’t edit 4K video- a claim that is demonstrably wrong. The story ends there.

[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]
It seems obvious you are either trolling -or- you were genuinely ignorant of the current IPad performance and rather than admit that you have now tried to rehabilitate your argument to include other factors. To the extent you have now included versatility as a factor in comparing the IPad to a PC configuration I hope you can appreciate the ridiculousness, at least with respect to portability and convenience.

You suggested IPads can’t edit 4K video- a claim that is demonstrably wrong. The story ends there.

Which is why I stopped responding to him.

[/QUOTE]

Which is why I stopped responding to him.
[/QUOTE]
I saw this on another thread, “don’t feed the troll”.

Hello,
Does anyone using latest Ipad Air for H.265?
Will it be good for DJI’s H.265 codec encoding?
Imstead of Ipad pro, I plan to go for Air.
Ipad Air for Mavic Air2 ?

Hmmm I’m still rocking my 2012 MacBook Air .. wouldn’t even play my 1st footage from the mavic air 2 at 4k60 never mind edit it. Guess I need a new PC if I’m going to start editing footage. Any recommendations welcome!!

Hello,
Does anyone using latest Ipad Air for H.265?
Will it be good for DJI’s H.265 codec encoding?
Imstead of Ipad pro, I plan to go for Air.
Ipad Air for Mavic Air2 ?
I'm picking up an iPad Air 3 (2019) today to use as a screen to fly with. I'll try and see how H.265 works on it and post up when I do later.

Reactions: Kerem
Hmmm I’m still rocking my 2012 MacBook Air .. wouldn’t even play my 1st footage from the mavic air 2 at 4k60 never mind edit it. Guess I need a new PC if I’m going to start editing footage. Any recommendations welcome!!

I would go with a higher spec macbook pro. Keep in mind the file sizes and codecs are only going to get more intense. its likely that you will upgrade drones before you have to upgrade computers. next generation of drones will all shoot in 5 or 6k and 8k is already on the market.

I use an iPad pro and i bought it for the Mavic pro 1 thinking that was as far as they could push it and 2 years later I have the latest drone b you cant tap into the 40k 60 which was the selling point for me. if you going to invest you want to be future proof to some degree

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143