DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

.700 is here "The-f-word" There is new firmware once again!

41ef3d889163a8255690230fa28b8432.jpg

This is the first update that went smooth. :) i hope same as flying it :)

im 2 updates behind and i got a gimbal drift problem when u move around alot and stop the gimbal slowly keeps moving and doesnt stop kinda annoying

im 2 updates behind and i got a gimbal drift problem when u move around alot and stop the gimbal slowly keeps moving and doesnt stop kinda annoying

0400 fixed that issue for me. I'm hoping 0700 does the same as 0400 so I can update.

Updated and flew. Perfect as always for me. No gimbal glitch, horizon and gimbal tilt is negligible. Happy so far. Just for reference, I have been fortunate enough to have never had an issue with a FW update. Now I just need to get the goggles!

i sure hope so when i first got it it never had this problem then i updated it twice and it started having drifting prolems

Reactions: jdcntulsa
4GB file bug still in .700

Unfortunately the .700 update is still effected by the gimbal/camera reset bug at 4GB.
I film 2.7/30, so 3.80GB max file size occurs at ~ 12:05 minutes.

First flight with .700 all fine and 4GB file switch worked seamlessly in background as it should. It occurred when Mavic was was gently cruising around about a mile away.

Second flight, file switch occurred when home bound at full throttle. Flying at 40mph and descending at full down stick in sport mode. On screen live feed showed motion bump with gimbal going haywire, tilted and out of focus. Onboard recording stopped and did not recommence a new file. Recording button showed recording stopped. FPV Cache continued recording for another 25 seconds displaying the event and eventually quit at 12:29.

S7 edge phone cache of event. SD stopped recording at first bump.

So there is still a bug in this process. Possibly what the aircraft is doing at the time of file switch has an effect on whether or not this issue occurs. Load on processors or current drain etc.

Have you had this happen with the GO 4 app? I ask because this has happened to me a few times but only when using litchi, both during a way point missions and during a couple free flights.

I thought I read some where that resetting all you camera parameters fixes this issue and knock on wood I have about 10 to 12 flights now without an issue. Now that I posted this it will happen again to me tomorrow....LOL

This isn't true. I have unlocked NFZ's recently while on 200
That's interesting. I was referring to a DJI video posted recently by Msinger on unlocking NFZs. It clearly stated that to unlock the zone, firmware must be up to date. I'll go back and re-listen just to be sure but I was pi$$ed when I heard that.

I hope I am wrong and you are right on this.

Ok so went back out with last battery and right at the very end of the flight this happened. now it only lasted about 5 seconds and the GPS mode kicked back on. But no where near as bad as before. I wonder whats causing this???

Attachments

• IMG_3338.PNG
    IMG_3338.PNG
    4.3 MB · Views: 277
Have you had this happen with the GO 4 app? I ask because this has happened to me a few times but only when using litchi, both during a way point missions and during a couple free flights.

I thought I read some where that resetting all you camera parameters fixes this issue and knock on wood I have about 10 to 12 flights now without an issue. Now that I posted this it will happen again to me tomorrow....LOL
It happened in this instance with DJIGo4 although I am also a keen Litchi user. Good idea to reset the camera though. Will do that.
Will see if can recreate it as I know exactly when it is likely to occur. If it is repeatable it should be easier to find a fix.

I did the upgrade and it worked smoothly. 4 1/2 minutes for the Mavic and just over a minute for the RC using Assistant 2. Flying after seemed fine. I'm planning several test flights tomorrow, but it looks good so far.

GImbal drift can be typically fixed by compass calibrating

I think I may update from 0400 to 0700 for a couple reasons....

1) I'm becoming a believer that firmwares tend to react different on different Mavics. Not sure why as I stated before but it happens. So regardless if I sit here and watch what others experience I may have different results. So I might as well test it on my aircraft.

2) I rather test it now.... where I can still revert back to 0400 if 0700 causes me issues.

I have a couple good days of weather to test things out. Might as well tale advantage and find the problems now if any before I go on my trip.

Reactions: hanshaw
I will do my update tonight,
What I would love to be fixed is the trouble with chaging home point to controler position with the iPhone 7+ and the "weak gps signal" bug...
waiting for this fix and the possibility to try the "follow me mode" for once.

Reactions: Spanishcop
Upgraded to .700, using just the DjI GO4 app, RC and Mavic all over WiFi. Twenty minutes all up with no hangs.
Took it out for short flight all ok.

OK...so I thought I'd give .0700 a try...How bad can it be...right??? Just finished packing my Mavic and Controller to send to DJI for repair...Oh...That is after spending 2 hours on with support to try to solve the problem. I upgraded the controller first then tried to upgrade the bird...Aircraft Disconnected error...yellow flashing light. Uh-Oh...not good. Tried several times to connect to Assistant 2 and Go 4. No luck. Flashed back to .0600. No joy. Tried Refresh .0600...No Joy. Tried reset to factory. "Factory Reset Failed". DJI tech ran out of ideas and said send it in. Interesting thing is, while trying all of this, the Mavic fan never came on...got so hot it couldn't be handled. Tech is telling me 10 to 15 business days turn-around. So much for how bad can it be!!!

My new MP arrived today and as luck would have it mine came with .400. Amazingly B4UFly has me under 5 different airport radiuses and I was still able to fly just fine with .400.

Maybe we should start including consistently manufacturing dates of our MPs in threads about firmware? Just looking for any pattern in this quite random "bugs / no bugs" posts.
I'm on .400 although my MP was born in March - and I'm gonna stay this way for a while longer.

Reactions: EsiMavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noobie