DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 Battery Charging

marshvet

Reactions
I received my Air 3 yesterday and have been charging one via the drone and one via the charging hub for hours ands both of them do not seem to move past the 2 bars. Am I missing something? Thanks.

I'm having the same problem, although chargin in the drone worked fine. I had 2 in the hub overnight and only got 2 bars on one and nothing on the other

Reactions: marshvet
I do not own an Air 3 BUT perhaps like some of DJI's other models In order to WAKE the Battery you MUST do the first charge from the drone.

I have no idea. Just connected drone and charging hub to USB C to the wall.
You have no idea? !!
Did DJI supply you with this charger- if so then contact DJI- If not, and you contact them ( why?) the first thing they will want to know is the same question Dr. Sparky just asked.
ALSO -- Safety is your friend when charging Batteries- Never blindly ( with no info such as Ratings) plug a charger into an outlet.

Last edited:
Reactions: umanbean
Last edited:
Reactions: Cafguy
Page 64 in the Manual tells you a 100w charger is recommended.
To those of you who seem to have an attitude about this, I am charging these batteries with the charging "case" that came with the Air 3. Their intro video does not suggest using a 100w charger and even if it is RECOMMENDED. it is not required. So, all you need to answer is: Without this charger it will take longer. In fact I DID contact DJI, and their support people never even mentioned using a 100 watt charger.

You have no idea? !!
Did DJI supply you with this charger- if so then contact DJI- If not, and you contact them ( why?) the first thing they will want to know is the same question Dr. Sparky just asked.
ALSO -- Safety is your friend when charging Batteries- Never blindly ( with no info such as Ratings) plug a charger into an outlet.
I'm assuming he meant a wall mounted electrical outlet with USB charging ports built in. I have them in my house on several outlets, but I think they are all 15 watts - not enough to charge these batteries.

Reactions: Cafguy
To those of you who seem to have an attitude about this, I am charging these batteries with the charging "case" that came with the Air 3. Their intro video does not suggest using a 100w charger and even if it is RECOMMENDED. it is not required. So, all you need to answer is: Without this charger it will take longer. In fact I DID contact DJI, and their support people never even mentioned using a 100 watt charger.
The support ppl usually read from information in a data base. I was quoting directly from the user manual. It all depends on what source you check with. I am inclined to trust what is in the manual.

Last edited:
Reactions: GFields and Torque
You have no idea? !!
There is no meaningful risk. While @Cafguy isnt wrong to be cautious, there isnt a charger with a USB A or C socket that anyone could have purchased that could overvoltage the drone, or the charging hub.

It's simply not how these active charging systems work.

Reactions: Cafguy and Torque
To those of you who seem to have an attitude about this,

Huh?

I am charging these batteries with the charging "case" that came with the Air 3. Their intro video does not suggest using a 100w charger and even if it is RECOMMENDED. it is not required. So, all you need to answer is: Without this charger it will take longer. In fact I DID contact DJI, and their support people never even mentioned using a 100 watt charger.

Someone **** in your Corn Flakes this morning? All the "attitude" in this thread is 100% contained in the paragraph above.

People were trying to help. And gave sound advice and recommendations.

To charge a 62Wh battery in one hour it will take at least a 65W power source.

It has nothing to do with attitude, and everything to do with technical facts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies
I am simply giving advice. I see no point that I have made represents an ATTITUDE.
I simply was surprised that someone that has purchased an Expensive product would not know the ratings for the charger.
I am Simply asking "DID you read the Manual or did you grab it out of the box read the quick start guide and start plugging in accessories" This is valid and I see no attitude ALSO if answered it could have helped you resolve your problem. Once again I take NO offense or have NO attitude with anyone in this forum I am simply here to try to help. If I am wrong I hope to be corrected in this way I can learn too.
Thank you and apologies
AND with whom did you speak at DJI. I would think they would have explained chargers, ratings, and charging times to you. They would have told you the ratings of the included charger. Perhaps for a more Detailed answer you could have asked in a more detailed Manner.

Last edited:
@marshvet can i jump in here ,for a second ,if no one minds, as a new AIR3 owner since yesterday, and having been able to get my Air 3 up and running can i mention a few points with regards to your OP
first off the hub that comes with the fly more combo and holds 3 batteries ,is not actually a charger ,that job falls to a mains operated power brick that supplies a certain voltage/ Wattage of charge to the hub, which in turn controls which battery get charged first, and so on ,the hub also acts as a power supply to charge something like a phone or tablet, using the stored energy from the battery or batteries that are in the hub
DJI recommend two types of PD charging bricks to charge the Air 3 batteries a 65w version and the 100w version that is used in the Mavic 3 series of drones
both of them will do the job but the 100w one just does it quicker thats all
i was able to charge one battery in the hub with the 100w brick in around 45 minutes
i have not woken the other 2 up from hibernation yet as i dont know when the weather is going to be suitable for flying, its constant rain on and off every day, for several days here, in days gone past DJI used to supply charging bricks with their drone bundles, and still do now, in some of the more expensive high end drones,but for a us poor hobbyists ,they now expect us to supply our own power source

• Love
Reactions: Cafguy and Torque
the hub that comes with the fly more combo and holds 3 batteries ,is not actually a charger ,that job falls to a mains operated power brick that supplies a certain voltage/ Wattage of charge to the hub
Well, kind of. It does have this feature that's able to move the charge between installed batteries without a power brick attached:

1690655480558.png

Well, kind of. It does have this feature that's able to move the charge between installed batteries without a power brick attached:

View attachment 166525
Considering that it used to NOT be a good thing to start your flight without a FULLY charged battery I need to do some reading on these new batteries. BUT I must ask HOW in the world can I get a MORE FULLY Charged Battery?

Considering that it used to NOT be a good thing to start your flight without a FULLY charged battery I need to do some reading on these new batteries. BUT I must ask HOW in the world can I get a MORE FULLY Charged Battery?
Say you are in the field with no access to power. You have a battery with 30% left, another with 33% left and the third battery has 58%. Push a button on the hub and it will transfer power from the two most discharged batteries to the battery with the highest charge. So you will have two nearly dead batteries and one fully charged battery left to fly with.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman