DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airplane disconnected my rc signal??

dicksonjoe

Reactions
Hi guys,

i was flying at an attraction site where there was a small airport just about 30 kms away. Above me every 5 mins there would be a small plane that flys by. Plane is about id say 900-1000 meters above. I was flying at around 50meters high. My dji app went black screen and i was still able to control my drone fortunately. So my question is, did an aircraft jammed my signal or something? or just crappy usb cable and firmware cause?

Hi guys,

i was flying at an attraction site where there was a small airport just about 30 kms away. Above me every 5 mins there would be a small plane that flys by. Plane is about id say 900-1000 meters above. I was flying at around 50meters high. My dji app went black screen and i was still able to control my drone fortunately. So my question is, did an aircraft jammed my signal or something? or just crappy usb cable and firmware cause?
much more likely to be your device/cable/app than a plane jamming.

What’s an attraction site? To the extent your video feed was killed by another RF source you can be almost certain it had nothing to do with the aircraft overhead. More likely something closer to you.

much more likely to be your device/cable/app than a plane jamming.

learned something new
apparently i noticed that it has something to do with video cache, it alerted me a few times but i ignored it. Then it makes my rc and drone lose signal.

learned something new
apparently i noticed that it has something to do with video cache, it alerted me a few times but i ignored it. Then it makes my rc and drone lose signal.
Doubtful the cache was the issue. If the video cache was full the video would simply stop recording. The only exception might be if your device had insufficient available memory and the app crashed however connection between the remote and AC would not be affected.

In USA, only the federal government can jam radio signals.
Depends on the signal. I have installed several cellular jammers in cars for students (requested by the parents) so a cell phone will not operate while the car is in gear.

Depends on the signal. I have installed several cellular jammers in cars for students (requested by the parents) so a cell phone will not operate while the car is in gear.
Nice play with words :).... What can be done and what is lawful to do often differ- as is the case here. Most if not all jurisdictions have statutes which make it an offence to intentionally cause interference to or disruption of device operation on particular frequency bands (those used for cellular communication are specifically covered).

Nice play with words :).... What can be done and what is lawful to do often differ- as is the case here. Most if not all jurisdictions have statutes which make it an offence to intentionally cause interference to or disruption of device operation on particular frequency bands (those used for cellular communication are specifically covered).
I believe I saw a Chevrolet commercial recently that mentioned a feature like this available factory installed.
I was about to install one in my car with a directional antenna, so I can disconnect people driving and texting, or talking.

I believe I saw a Chevrolet commercial recently that mentioned a feature like this available factory installed.
I was about to install one in my car with a directional antenna, so I can disconnect people driving and texting, or talking.
LOL..... Can you think of a solution to stop people reading newspapers, eating bowls of cereal, doing makeup etc also? I must admit to being amazed by the number of people doing everything other than focussing on the task of driving also.

AS far as I know there are very limited exclusions that allow cellular network jamming- prisons being an obvious and well known application. It would be surprising if a car manufacturer could get away with it. Would be nice to see though.

My guess is that the phone connects to the car via Bluetooth and the car disables calls While Driving...

From fcc website:

The use of "cell jammers" or similar devices designed to intentionally block, jam, or interfere with authorized radio communications (signal blockers, GPS jammers, or text stoppers, etc.) is a violation of federal law. Also, it is unlawful to advertise, sell, distribute, or otherwise market these devices to consumers in the United States. These devices pose serious risks to critical public safety communications, and can prevent you and others from making 9-1-1 and other emergency calls. Jammers can also interfere with law enforcement communications. Operation of a jammer in the United States may subject you to substantial monetary penalties, seizure of the unlawful equipment, and criminal sanctions including imprisonment.

Jammer Enforcement

From fcc website:

The use of "cell jammers" or similar devices designed to intentionally block, jam, or interfere with authorized radio communications (signal blockers, GPS jammers, or text stoppers, etc.) is a violation of federal law. Also, it is unlawful to advertise, sell, distribute, or otherwise market these devices to consumers in the United States. These devices pose serious risks to critical public safety communications, and can prevent you and others from making 9-1-1 and other emergency calls. Jammers can also interfere with law enforcement communications. Operation of a jammer in the United States may subject you to substantial monetary penalties, seizure of the unlawful equipment, and criminal sanctions including imprisonment.

Jammer Enforcement

These are very low power, and only work within the car. You might have trouble outside the car if leaning against its side window, BUT they are connected so they only start jamming when the car is in gear.

hmm i was running a few apps in the background of my iphone, could that be a problem too? or just a faulty usb cable?

hmm i was running a few apps in the background of my iphone, could that be a problem too? or just a faulty usb cable?
You should shut down ALL other apps. It is even better to turn off WiFi and Bluetooth. (airplane mode)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura