DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Amazon PRIME Orders

I just got an email from Amazon... The first since I ordered on September 30th. It said there is now a shipping estimate of January 17, 2017...

Not what I wanted to hear and hopefully that changes to a sooner date.

I order mine later then you so i probably get mine for the summer

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Yup, so glad I put in an order through Newegg as well. Me thinks I'll be cancelling my Amazon order within the next couple of weeks.

Reactions: Majora
Yeah, brilliant ... Just received from Amazon ...

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on September 30, 2016 (Order# 113-3520478-xxxxxxx):

"DJI Mavic Pro"
Estimated arrival date: January 25, 2017 - January 30, 2017

Last edited:
I have not received any email for my Oct 4th order. Sounds like all other retailer are now starting to ship early orders. Well all but Amazon Prime. WTF do you pay for a Prime membership for? So their first shipment of stock they will receive basically in February? 3 months after others have seen shipping. WOW! Some body over at Amazon forget to place the order?

My order from September 28th is saying the same thing. Amazon has clearly failed us here.

With that said, I'm not convinced this is an automated update describing the condition of FUTURE Mavic orders. I have to think ours will be prioritized heavily above orders placed from now until their updated Jan '17 release.

I don't think I will pre order something from Amazon again. Unless I have a bunch of gift cards again. I don't think they are pushing to get stock like the other retailers. Maybe they are I have no idea. Plus the fact according to the person I spoke with last they do not necessary follow pre order dates. They ship to who ever is closest to the distubution center. So you could be one of the first but you have to wait till your cost effective to ship to. Hopefully this will not be the case for those who ordered back in September.

I'm sure they'll have them in the new year..... Can't promise which new year but definitely a new year! :p

My prime UK order placed on the 5th October arrived last Friday, I was amazed! :)

Well then, looks like somebody in charge of ordering over across the pond at Amazon UK has there **** together. I think a flogging is in order for who ever was responsible over here.

That's awesome though, congrats!! Please don't crash and have fun with it!![emoji1]

Well then, looks like somebody in charge of ordering over across the pond at Amazon UK has there **** together. I think a flogging is in order for who ever was responsible over here.

That's awesome though, congrats!! Please don't crash and have fun with it!![emoji1]

Thanks pilot man, I couldn't believe it when I got the shipping notification as Amazon were very sketchy with details in the lead up and they even sent an email just yesterday saying that my Mavic would not be in stock until 15th January! Strange considering I've already received it!

I think I was lucky because amazon uk didn't last the Mavic until 5th October by which time most people would have thought Amazon would not be taking preorders.

I can say that it is well worth the wait, I'm really impressed and the flight time is around 27 minutes which I think is unbelievable considering it feels quite heavy. The build quality is very good and I love the metal bottom and sound of the cooling fan.

Hang in there, it's a quality product!

well us Amazon Prime i think are SOL!

Looks like amazon gave up. They removed there delivery date of Jan 15th and labeled it as out of stock. They suggest you order it from dronegeneral if you want it sooner.

I have no idea what this means other than i think they gave up and suggest you order elsewhere? they do not even think they will get any by the Jan 15th date? Sunday it will mark two months ago i ordered this. Amazon Prime stinks for DJI product ordering it looks like
amazon.jpg

The Fly more still has the Jan 15th date. The starter bundle they pulled - you can even order it!. Do i need to start over? get back in line so to speak two months after everyone else?

Last edited:
i am going to look into it but i looked at Dronegeneral website and they are not indicating dates like Amazon is for them. I imagine we would be two months back of the line

amazon2.jpg

i am going to look into it but i looked at Dronegeneral website and they are not indicating dates like Amazon is for them. I imagine we would be two months back of the line

View attachment 1888
My order from September 28th is saying the same thing. Amazon has clearly failed us here.

With that said, I'm not convinced this is an automated update describing the condition of FUTURE Mavic orders. I have to think ours will be prioritized heavily above orders placed from now until their updated Jan '17 release.

Good news. I called Amazon, specifically mentioned this thread and the concern we have with Amazon's buying power and ability to deliver on relatively large purchase pre-orders within a competitive timeline. Maybe I got lucky, but the person I spoke with was clearly taking this very serious. I let him know that there is a growing number of people who will not pre-order with Amazon on future purchases if they are not able to achieve a reasonable spot in the "queue". He had me talk to his supervisor and assured me that this would be resolved.

A few days later, today, I received an email with a estimated delivery of December 6th. Pre-ordered on the 30th of September, very early.

In any case, I do think it's worth making a call to Amazon guys. Maybe it was a coincidence, maybe not, but let them know whats going on. The more people to raise issue the more likely they are to make some serious adjustments here. Let's be honest, considering the size of Amazon, in theory they have as much buying power in DJI's eyes as anyone. As consumers we need to demand that they utilize that power with DJI.

I called as well earlier today after I noticed the date drop off. They indicated Jan 14 and gave me free next day shipping.

Well I just got this. I had to approve their delay. Seems like they want us to cancel our shipments. I dought what they gave me was accurate info earlier. It is though they careless. Should have pick up on that ealier when they sent me a email refusing to discuss my order with them

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    142.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member