DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android Tablet Compatible w/ DJI Go 4

TreeburnerCT

Reactions
Originally I planned to use my old Samsung Galaxy Note 2 for flying my Mavic but unfortunately it's too old and gets no live video feed, so I've been using my regular phone, a Samsung S6 Active. However it wouldn't fit in the RC holder with a case on, the battery life leaves a lot to be desired and the screen is pretty small for this purpose, so I was exploring options for an Android tablet. I would not consider Apple devices as I am familiar with Android and all my mobile devices are Android.

Anyway, first I bought a 10-inch Aoson tablet off Amazon for around $90, 2gb ram and other specs suitable for this use. It had good reviews, but I've never heard of the brand and was skeptical that it would actually work. When it arrived I got it all set up and tried to connect to my Mavic but like my Note 2 was getting the UI but no video feed. It also had a VERY badly installed screen protector with tons of bubbles everywhere! I returned it.

I debated long and hard between the Lenovo Yoga Tab 3, Lenovo Tab 4 or the Asus Zenpad, but in the end went with the Zenpad 10.1" with 2gb ram and 64gb eMMC as I got a good deal through Amazon Warehouse Deals on a new tablet with damaged box. Got it all set up and connected to DJI Go 4 and I've got live video from my Mavic! Unlike my S6 which has been randomly disconnecting since updating to Android 7, the Zenpad runs Android 6 and has been rock solid with zero disconnects or lag. The screen looks great with good brightness for outdoor use, and the battery life is great!

I've seen others recommend the Acer Iconia with MedTek processor and the Zenpad uses the same processor but was more tablet for the money. I'm sure there's other Android tablets out there as well which work just as well, but I wanted to share what's working well for me.

-Joe

After all the drama ive had with my supposedly supported nexus 6p, i would have spent the money on a second hand ipad. Its what I intend to do anyway...

Look for LG G Pad X8 w/ AOS 601 wifi/GPS.
I got mine from T Mobile, been using it for months and I got ZERO issue to date.
PS...you need a tablet mount just in case.
FYI, I'm using GO 4 App 405/FW 400....NO NFZ.Thumbswayup

After a lot of messing about I found my Samsung phone and tablet will work but the key is to free up as much of the memory as you can if anyone else is having the same problem with any of their devices just check how much memory you have available. Thank you to everyone who has tried to help me .

I have a nvidia shield tablet . I had some issues with it at first when it was running on android 7 so i downgraded to android 6 and all was well . I have sense upgraded to android 7 and it seems to be fine now . I also have a ipad mini 4 that i use also i use the shield tablet when i fly with goggles .

Reactions: eelcosail
I have a nvidia shield tablet . I had some issues with it at first when it was running on android 7 so i downgraded to android 6 and all was well . I have sense upgraded to android 7 and it seems to be fine now . I also have a ipad mini 4 that i use also i use the shield tablet when i fly with goggles .

I ha e poor image all the time with android 6 and a cable.. return it?

I have never had a poor image on the shield tablet the only issue i use to have is the app would crash on android 7 . The app seems to run fine now on android 7 (DJI Go 4 )

Reactions: eelcosail
If you cant get it working on your tablet just buy a used ipad mini 4 with celluar if you can . They are pretty cheap right now.

If you cant get it working on your tablet just buy a used ipad mini 4 with celluar if you can . They are pretty cheap right now.
You think so, cheapest I could find was $444 AU
Delivered in a day or so as the samsung tab ($200) I was using (on the DJi supported list of compatible devices) did not work with most of the video feed totally un veiwable)

You think so, cheapest I could find was $444 AU
Delivered in a day or so as the samsung tab ($200) I was using (on the DJi supported list of compatible devices) did not work with most of the video feed totally un veiwable)
Just roll back the app to 4.2.12, .14, or .16

Which one depends on your device. Most find 4.2.12 works best. Mini 4 tablets are also starting to have problems. Just read DJI forums. People are getting pissed off, especially after buying one to fix DJI's stupid azz app problems. Their supported device list is garbage too.

Reactions: Flycaster
Thanks for the suggestions but I have already tried rolling back to .16 and it became worse so if the ipad wont work Im returning it to the shop for a refund ($1400au)
Im down another $750 just trying to get in in the air and have had it for over a month now.
Pissed off is putting it mildly.

I've been using a Lenovo Tab3 8 Plus (AKA P8) for nearly a year with no issues running Go 4.
Specs: Lenovo Tab3 8 Plus - Full tablet specifications
Nice screen, 3GB Ram, 2GHz CPU and not too much proprietary bloatware.
Only downsides are Android 6, too wide to fit in RC arms so needs a tablet mount.

Attachments

• Teclast m89.jpg
    Teclast m89.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 40
Reactions: Dday27
I had the Nvidia shield and it was terrible. Constant disconnections. Bought a Tesco hudl 2 and works well..mostly use my iPad mini 4 which is awesome.

The Teclast M89 runs stock Android 7 on it with very little bloatware out of the box and I think this makes all the difference, these major branded name devices have layers added to the Android system that looks like is not always good to work with the GO4 App. 3gb Ram abd 32gb Rom along with the very high resolution IPS fully laminated screen and a Hexacore processor make running it a breeze on this machine for a very good price.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR