DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another crash thread...

ryanmlloyd

Reactions
Not too long ago, I crashed my mavic pro. It was about 14 feet up when it got hit by a football and fell to the ground. The battery came out and the propellers were cracked. I thought that was the end of the issues though. Turns out i broke the ribbon cable for the gimbal. I replaced it and the gimbal begins the “gimbal dance” but won’t center. It stabilizes, but it isn’t centered at all. Not only that, but I have no control over the gimbal pitch. I move the scroll wheel but nothing happens. Not only that, but the motors get EXTREMELY hot after a minute or two. Also, the camera feed shows a black screen until I press down onto the area where the camera’s flex is attached to the camera board. At this point, I’m about to buy a new gimbal, motherboard, camera setup off of eBay and ditch the old one. I don’t know what the issue is. I’m going on a cruise in a month, and I need to fix it ASAP. Thanks!

Talk to @Thunderdrones and get it fixed by a professional service.

Doing it yourself can be fraught with danger of not doing it completely / correctly, and risk your drone / public safety (if it crashes for some reason due to bad repair).
Also how much have you spent now ?
It might be cheaper to have it done by a pro repairer, than doing it 1x, 2x 3x (?), and it's still not right.

All the best with it.

Reactions: Former Member
Talk to @Thunderdrones and get it fixed by a professional service.

Doing it yourself can be fraught with danger of not doing it completely / correctly, and risk your drone / public safety (if it crashes for some reason due to bad repair).
Also how much have you spent now ?
It might be cheaper to have it done by a pro repairer, than doing it 1x, 2x 3x (?), and it's still not right.

All the best with it.
Yeah, I’ve only spent about $20, but that’s including the new propellers. The flex was about $7. And that makes sense. I’m looking at DJI’s repair costs now

Did you buy knock off props? i'd get oem.. those 12 dollar props are dangerous to use in my opinion!!

Reactions: Aww@Mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan