DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another discussion on signal

boybehindacamera

Reactions
Ok, I’m downgrading from the pro so I expect to reach some limitations that I didn’t have before.

However, in the park I can hardly stretch 100 or so meters without the signal dropping out, nothing in the way or any obvious concern points. If I also fly vertically it will drop out by 200m.

In the countryside it doesn’t fair much better..

I’ve tried airplane mode, face the craft and also position the antenna accordingly. It surely can’t be this limited? If I fly outside of 100m I’m not in total control..

Reactions: J2ps
Ok, I’m downgrading from the pro so I expect to reach some limitations that I didn’t have before.

However, in the park I can hardly stretch 100 or so meters without the signal dropping out, nothing in the way or any obvious concern points. If I also fly vertically it will drop out by 200m.

I’ve tried airplane mode, face the craft and also position the antenna accordingly. It surely can’t be this limited? If I fly outside of 100m I’m not in total control..
Where do you live?
I live in the uk and I have managed to push mine 776m before I lost signal and the RTH kicked in. Screen shot attached. Did you check your Wi-Fi transmission levels for interference before you flew?

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-04-24 112753.png
    Annotation 2020-04-24 112753.png
    241.9 KB · Views: 25
Check your Wi-Fi interference in the transmission tab of the settings, In mid-high interfernece areas (residential area) I can push a max range of 800m with no obstructions, and roughly 500m when line of sight is partially obstructed by buildings. This is on 5.8Ghz due to interference.

In an area with no obstructions to line of sight and low interference (field) I can get just under 1000m on 2.4Ghz. I am hoping to try a no obstruction, no interference test soon with parabolic antennas to see what I can push.

Bare in mind this is the CE version of the drone, FCC version should be much better.

Just out of curiosity, can I ask the reason for the downgrade, as I will be upgrading in the very near future to the 2 pro. Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spshow