DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ANTENNA BOOSTER

360 Guy

Reactions
This is a new one on me. (Pictured)
Has anyone tried this antenna booster?
If you have, could you please post your findings?
Thx,

Attachments

• ANTENNA  2.jpg
    ANTENNA 2.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 44
New regarding the design maybe... but those seems to be ordinary passive Yagi-Uda antennas which doesn't "boost" the signal, instead focus it which can make a difference, on the flip side you need to point the RC more precise as the "beam" is more narrow.

Don't know if they just have attached one of each (2,4 & 5,8) for show off purposes... when using these you should decide & set the frequency manually & then attach the same corresponding antenna extender on both the sending & receiving side. The different "metal rod" spacing & length on the extender is due to the difference in wave length & amplitude between 2,4 & 5,8GHz.

Here how they look on the older RC (here also one of each is attached wrongly for display purposes). When I use them for my Mavic Air 1 I notice a clear difference in how long I can reach out with the drone... but it is very important to point them correctly towards the drone all the time.

1707656304290.png

And here another type for the newer RC...

1707657007138.png

Reactions: Cafguy
I ordered one of those clip on signal " Antenna masts, signal receiver or whatever they call them. When I got it I was sure I got Ripped -off BUT the little thing Works like Magic and now I don't fly without it attached. I think everyone should get one. As Slup said They don't "Boost" anything, they are like an antenna mast.
I have a "booster" It is an AlienTech and you must wire it yourself.
I am not familiar with the one you have pictured.
REMEMBER- If you install a signal "Booster" in the U.S. You will need to get a HAM Radio Operators license to legally use it.

I used one that was fantastic with my SC made by Alientech Dual Attenna System.
I would fly the drone out about 1500 ft without it turned on and the signal would be almost nothing an than turn the Alientech Dual Electronic Attenna on and BOOM 100 Percent signal , rocked my drone out pretty far back in the day from inside the car.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cafguy
Didn't a guy in the US get in trouble for "illegally" modifying and boosting the signal to increase the signal and range? ;) :D

I don't know about these passive system but the Alientech devices work for sure and are well worth the money if you have signal issues. If you cannot do it yourself, there's a shop online that will mod your equipment if you send it to him.

I've never heard of the Babbit Ears, and would be curious to try, just for the answers. Do you have a link on these? I've been using the Yaggi for a long time, and have found that they really help, especially around trees, and houses,.

I've never heard of the Babbit Ears, and would be curious to try, just for the answers. Do you have a link on these? I've been using the Yaggi for a long time, and have found that they really help, especially around trees, and houses,.
Didn't a guy in the US get in trouble for "illegally" modifying and boosting the signal to increase the signal and range? ;) :D

I don't know about these passive system but the Alientech devices work for sure and are well worth the money if you have signal issues. If you cannot do it yourself, there's a shop online that will mod your equipment if you send it to him.
Hows it possible to get in trouble for modifying your antennas for a better signal ? Its not like the FAA is out driving around... **** get real people

Hows it possible to get in trouble for modifying your antennas for a better signal ? Its not like the FAA is out driving around... **** get real people
I think he did something else illegal and they caught him with "modified" equipment. LOL

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas