DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone going to swap out their mavic pros with the new mavic air?

goku9384

Reactions
Based off the specs its pretty tempting 4k 30fps @ 100mb, 3-axis gimbal, 2.4 mile range(never went this far with my mavic), front and rear sensors, even smaller size...anyone thinking the same?

I'm probably going to stick with the Mavic Pro but if I'm a new drone buyer I would definitely get the Mavic Air for sure. As I mainly use the Mavic Pro for creating videos and I do a lot of traveling, hiking. The benefits for me is the 4K 30fps @100mb and the even smaller size.

Check out my youtube channel if you want to see some of my drone footage Jeff B

Last edited:
No, I will keep my MP, however if I was a newbie I would be tempted.
My MP never feels as stable as my P4, I suspect the Air will not feel as stable as the MP.

No, I will keep my MP, however if I was a newbie I would be tempted.
My MP never feels as stable as my P4, I suspect the Air will not feel as stable as the MP.
True I will most likely keep my mavic pro.

I'll be keeping my MP of course "Air" it's attractive 4k 30fps, 3-axis gimbal, 2.4 mile range, front and rear sensors, even smaller size, but another €1049 combo I'd be hard pressed.

I still love my 11 month old MAVIC Pro. No need for MAVARK (sorry, MAVIC Air... :)). I´ll keep my hard earned cash for a possible MAVIC 2 in the future

No way. But if I didn't already own a Mavic (and 4 batteries, MavicMount, Goggles, PolarPro filters and a bunch of other stuff) I'd be tempted.

I bet DJI is trying to tap the brakes on the Autel Evo while we await the Mavic Pro 2 and Phantom 5.
I hope the Evo does very, very well; DJI needs real competition. I also bet the Evo will be $899 instead of the widely-acknowledged $999 when it's released.

Reactions: BlueSkies!NoLimits
Based off the specs its pretty tempting 4k 30fps, 3-axis gimbal, 2.4 mile range(never went this far with my mavic), front and rear sensors, even smaller size...anyone thinking the same?

Mavic pro: 4k 30fps, 3-axis, 4.3 miles, front/bottom sensors, longer flight time (27 mins), still compact enough for traveling.
Mavic air difference: smaller, slightly faster, rear sensors

I, for one, am switching to the Mavic Air. Camera comparison looked better than the Mavic Pro, in my eyes. Even more portable than the Mavic Pro. Not sure why all the hate.

Not sure why all the hate.

I wouldn't call it hate. Just the realization that, while it would be a definite option if buying a new drone and not currently owning one, it's not enough (if at all) of an update to justify a switch.

I like the new one. But am not switching to it.

Reactions: PT_Mavic
I wouldn't call it hate. Just the realization that, while it would be a definite option if buying a new drone and not currently owning one, it's not enough (if at all) of an update to justify a switch.

I like the new one. But am not switching to it.

The only issue for me is the battery life. Even so, that's an easy fix by just having additional batteries. Casey Neistat already posted a good new comparison video. Of course, it has to be taken with a grain of salt since they probably pay him for the review, but based on the eye test, I think it looks fantastic.

Shorter flight time, slower speed. Camera might or might not be better. Gimbal reactions to movements and sport mode are yet unknown. Inferior video link. No wireless operation with goggles.

Reactions: Marco Cantieni
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78