DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone using Leg Extenders?

I have the gray set that Rick from drone valley suggests. Great fit, great looking. Nothing like those in the video.

Reactions: jointeffort
Another great video Dillion and there is this thing called a button that is located on top of the battery that when pressed will allow one at a glance (while the battery is face up) to determine the level of charge. Full , 3/4 full, 1/2 full , 1/4 full , or empty. :) The Green and Red Color battery caps are redundant to an extent for that particular purpose.

I print them (the battery caps) as well and many times just go with black to blend in with the battery.

Search for user Motley on here as he is developing extention feet (3 D printable) that not only extend the height , but also allow one to incorporate mini strobes for excellent night time visibility. Dual purpose. Lifts the Mavic for Snow or Sand takeoffs AND strobes that can be switched on!

Reactions: Ikopta
If you are going to get some leg extensions.... Then get some that will add some height, the ones in the video are too short (also watch out... If you get ones to long, then they may be seen by the camera).
As for the battery covers.... They surely couldn't hurt.... But are they really necessary, and from what I have seen.... They are kinda expensive for what they are.

Morning all.
Tried out Some leg extenders. Anyone else using them on their Mavic?
Love the battery guards, brilliant idea.

Reactions: jointeffort
I think the battery covers are pointless. Perhaps they are useful to someone who just throws the battery in an open compartment with a bunch or other conductive parts in there. But for someone who just throws a battery in a random space care as much as putting a battery cover on the contacts?

I think the battery covers are pointless. Perhaps they are useful to someone who just throws the battery in an open compartment with a bunch or other conductive parts in there. But for someone who just throws a battery in a random space care as much as putting a battery cover on the contacts?
I think they are aimed at the folks that fly on airlines. The battery terminals need to be covered.

I think they are aimed at the folks that fly on airlines. The battery terminals need to be covered.

They really don't, that type of connection is not considered an unprotected circuit. Airlines won't stop you from flying, if you were really concerned about it you could just put a piece of electrical tape on them.

I just got some leg extensions like Jordan's, I like them very small and easy to keep in the bag.

Reactions: Jordan
I got myself lipo safe bags for the batteries. I think that would offer better protection that battery terminal covers.

Morning all.
Tried out Some leg extenders. Anyone else using them on their Mavic?
Love the battery guards, brilliant idea.

Morning Dylan from a grey, damp NW UK,

Watched your video on YouTube (great channel by the way ThumbswayupThumbswayupThumbswayup). Already had a set of leg extenders and keep them on all of the time (except when calibrating the IMU - as per the advice from another 'influencer' Peter Homer) but really liked the idea of the battery terminals so, having already bought some stuff from Neil at Aero3D, I ordered a set for the Mavic, and my Inspire, and ordered a set of stick-on balancing holders for my lenses on my Inspire Pro (he even included 4 x 5p pieces as weights in the package Thumbswayup).

Keep up the good work over here in the UK my son!

Reactions: Ikopta
Yes I have these and works fine and better for landing countryside and grass areas.

They are really handy in some situations.
016b58d33f4ded03150463899f36e591.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS