DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone using Shutter Encoder? What are all the things it can do?

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
Some months ago I had an issue with footage shot with my iPhone where Davinci Resolve wouldn't recognize the audio. After some research I came onto the program "Shutter Encoder", ran the file through there and when I imported the "encoded" file back into Resolve the audio issue was fixed. BUT IT LOOKS LIKE THIS PROGRAM CAN DO MUCH, MUCH MORE... However the interface isn't so intuitive that all I could figure out is that that it could re-encode my MP4 to fix that issue with my file.

What else can Shutter Encoder do?

Wow, that’s quite a transcoding tool. Thanks for pointing it out.

Here’s a partial overview:

I’ve used Handbrake many times, both for quickly solving the compatibility issues @vindibona1 describes above, and for encoding h.264/mp4 at best quality. By comparison, Handbrake is a one trick pony (any input—> h.264/265), but based on the same opensource library as Shutter Encoder.

Shutter Encoder seems to add editing and intermediate output codecs, still formats, captions, directory structure awareness, ftp, and more, all in a cool batch manager.

If I sound like a sudden fan boy it’s because I am! I look forward to seeing all it can do.

Wow, that’s quite a transcoding tool. Thanks for pointing it out.

Here’s a partial overview:

I’ve used Handbrake many times, both for quickly solving the compatibility issues @vindibona1 describes above, and for encoding h.264/mp4 at best quality. By comparison, Handbrake is a one trick pony (any input—> h.264/265), but based on the same opensource library as Shutter Encoder.

Shutter Encoder seems to add editing and intermediate output codecs, still formats, captions, directory structure awareness, ftp, and more, all in a cool batch manager.

If I sound like a sudden fan boy it’s because I am! I look forward to seeing all it can do.

I'm not good at learning the intricacies of software. Perhaps it's age? As an example, I've been using Photoshop for over 20 years, but I'm way more comfortable with PS CS3 than PS 2021. I learned CS3 in its simplicity so well that I rarely need the automation of PS2021. I stumbled onto Shutter Encoder to solve one problem and saw that a lot more it can be used for. I didn't find the interface friendly enough for exploration. Does it convert to ProRes???

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe