Which will you choose, Mavic or Spark ?

• Mavic

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • Spark

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

ultradev

Reactions
Hey Guys, I just want to know how many of us are thinking of getting another drone or buy the first one?
I actually have a Phantom 4, but I'm thinking of buying a spark, what do you think. Is it worth it?

It's time for the product lines to refresh soon. I'm guessing the Phantom 5 and Mavic 2 will be coming out in the very foreseeable future.

If (and when) DJI comes out with an MP2, I think the entry level price will be around $1300 - $1400 for a flyless, now that Gopro, Parrot and Yuneec are essentially out of the game.
Totally agree...especially now that they have the "entry level" Spark.

I have loved my Mavic Pro for the past year. But I have some "play money" burning a whole in my pocket, and I'd really like to spend it on another drone.

After having flown the mavic pro, the phantom 4, and the spark, I think I've made my decision:

Time to buy a Mavic Platinum.

I don't understand the attraction to the Spark at all. Unless you absolutely cannot afford that extra $500, or you're into "cute and colorful".

Reactions: ultradev
i dont see the gain from a mp to a mpp to justify spending another 1k+.

As I have had my Mavic for 13 months I will look to upgrade when Mav 2 arrives I will donate my current Mavic to one of my sons :)

Save your Money
Buy a MP referb and wait.....
Like some" we the hopeful" are.
For the next latest greatest Mavic Pro Titanium 2.0... with 360 deg sensors and Better optics

I think it will be a couple of yrs before the "Eye Tracker" model come out.!
(were you Put the Goggle/glasses on and look at a map for input for your Drone)

I have loved my Mavic Pro for the past year. But I have some "play money" burning a whole in my pocket, and I'd really like to spend it on another drone.

After having flown the mavic pro, the phantom 4, and the spark, I think I've made my decision:

I don't understand the attraction to the Spark at all. Unless you absolutely cannot afford that extra $500, or you're into "cute and colorful".
Well, I was Thinking to buy the spark because I already Own the Phantom 4 since it came out, and I think it could be great to experiment with because it's a cheaper option.

I love the size of the Mavic, and ease of set up, which was the #1 reason I bought it, but few mentioned how bad the images from it are. As a working photographer I really want better camera controls. Not a week goes by when I don't wish that Canon would jump into the drone sector.

Last edited:

I'd wait for the next generation Mavic with an actual improvement. I am. I'm buying whichever comes first, the Mavic 2 or the Phantom 5.

I'd wait for the next generation Mavic with an actual improvement. I am. I'm buying whichever comes first, the Mavic 2 or the Phantom 5.
I on board with that...hoping for a Mavic II with a "beefier" camera.

Reactions: Cyberpower678
I love the size of the Mavic, and ease of set up, which was the #1 reason I bought it, but few mentioned how bad the images from it are. As a working photographer I really want better camera controls. Not a week goes by when I don't wish that Canon would jump into the drone sector.

You spelt Nikon wrong. ;)

No but seriously to the OP; I own both the Mavic Pro Platinum and the Spark and I can say that I love both, for very different reasons. If I could only pick one, it would be the MPP though, hands-down.

I’ve also owned a few Phantoms and a Mavic Pro. I would choose the MPP over any Phantom - the Phantom line is just akward from a transport perspective. If I was going to be dealing with a large drone, I’d just get an Inspire and skip the Phantom all-together. If you get a MP/MPP of a Spark, I think you’ll agree.

If I had some money to play around with (that I didn't put into FPV drones) I would get a spark. It's a different drone and I'd love sometimes to have a little quad I can fly through tight spots and not worry too much. The Mavic even with prop guards is still too flimsy to out even near a risk

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78