DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ATTI Mode for Mavic 2

PAW

Premium Pilot
Reactions
The M2 is the first drone I've operated. Therefore, I have no experience with flying in ATTI Mode. I don't want to purchase a smaller non-GPS drone to gain the experience, I want to train on the actual AC I will be using. After reading extensive forum posts regarding swapping out one of the Mode switches to ATTI Mode, and not wanting to downgrade DJI Assistant or losing one of the primary Modes (I actually use all three), I submit the following questions:
  1. Has anyone had experience with covering the M2's forward of the battery top with tin foil?
  2. Has anyone seen a "snap-on" device that would block the GPS receiver (I can't find one via Google)?
  3. Am I just out of luck unless I do the Mode hack or purchase an inexpensive non-GPS drone?
Scratching-Head.jpg

Reactions: Gindra
The M2 is the first drone I've operated. Therefore, I have no experience with flying in ATTI Mode. I don't want to purchase a smaller non-GPS drone to gain the experience, I want to train on the actual AC I will be using. After reading extensive forum posts regarding swapping out one of the Mode switches to ATTI Mode, and not wanting to downgrade DJI Assistant or losing one of the primary Modes (I actually use all three), I submit the following questions:
  1. Has anyone had experience with covering the M2's forward of the battery top with tin foil?
  2. Has anyone seen a "snap-on" device that would block the GPS receiver (I can't find one via Google)?
  3. Am I just out of luck unless I do the Mode hack or purchase an inexpensive non-GPS drone?

1. I have had sucess with using aluminum foil. You need to use heavier duty aluminum foil and at least six layers. I also had to block around the sides and down the front wall of the battery compartment.

2. I have not seen a device for such.

3. You do not need to downgrade assistant as they install in different places so both can be installed on the same machine at the same time. I have ATTI mapped to tripod mode myself...

I will suggest getting one of those 20 to 40 dollar toy drones to fly inside the house. It not only helps with atti but for me I was having trouble with "right is left" left is right" when the drone is facing you and flying in the house really helped with that. Not only that it is a lot of fun and helps through rainy days and winter...

EDIT: I have recently gotten into fpv and flying little whoops fpv around the house is a blast. Heres my current little guys ( I took the pic practicing product photography) and three of them have built in dvr with two of them recording at 1080p 60fps...

Attachments

• Whoop01.jpg
    Whoop01.jpg
    502.6 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
I definitely would not recommend the method of blocking GPS to get into ATTI mode. If you get yourself in trouble, you'll have no way to recover. The map won't work either since it has no idea where it is.
At least with the ATTI mode remap, you still can see your position on the map as well as recover if you get yourself in trouble.

Reactions: Gindra
I definitely would not recommend the method of blocking GPS to get into ATTI mode. If you get yourself in trouble, you'll have no way to recover. The map won't work either since it has no idea where it is.
At least with the ATTI mode remap, you still can see your position on the map as well as recover if you get yourself in trouble.
good point

You do not need to downgrade assistant as they install in different places so both can be installed on the same machine at the same time. I have ATTI mapped to tripod mode myself...

EDIT: I have recently gotten into fpv and flying little whoops fpv around the house is a blast. Heres my current little guys ( I took the pic practicing product photography) and three of them have built in dvr with two of them recording at 1080p 60fps...
Nice... little critters. I wasn't aware of the ability to load both versions of Assistant on the same device. That and Dan's point are making me rethink the problem. Thanks

I would go ahead and remap the switch. It only takes a few mins once you are used to how it is done so you can change it back and forth depending on how you wish to use it.

I would go ahead and remap the switch. It only takes a few mins once you are used to how it is done so you can change it back and forth depending on how you wish to use it.
Will give it and try. Thanks

I use the Tello indoors myself. True it has vision stabilization and barometric/infrared height hold, it still can drift. Outside it struggles even in moderate breezes so that provides some training on ways to deal with that.

Just do the assistant change - its a 2 minute process and you can just reinstall the newer version in 30 seconds if needed.
You wont use ATTI all the time so when you arent going to play with it, simply reset the buttons to normal via assistant - that way you keep all the modes.

Reactions: PAW
Going into ATTI is probably a good way to determine wind speed and direction. When not using the sticks, note the speed the app says you're going. That's how fast the wind is blowing.

Yea I'm with the other guys... If you remap Tripod Mode, you can flip into Position in case of trouble. $1500+ drone verses a couple minutes of inconvenience.

Reactions: PAW
Even if you go the foil hat route and succeed in blocking GPS entirely, your AC will switch to OPTI mode unless you also block or disable all the vision sensors. The remapping method is easy and straight forward, I did it with my MA. Unfortunately, the day I went out to try it out, I was harassed by two black kites - I needed sport mode to get out quick and I didn't have it. It was not a pleasant experience. So consider keeping sports mode and remapping one of the other buttons to ATTI mode; sports mode is a must have for emergencies.

Reactions: Gindra and PAW
Purchase a phantom series .i also have a phantom 4pro 2.0 and it has position,sport and attitude modes

Are there instructions on how to remap ATTI mode on M2P? I would like to remap Sport to ATTI as I'm new to flying and will not be using Sport for quite a while. I did try out ATTI in the Dji Sim and it seems interesting enough that I could use it whereas Sport I would not.

Are there instructions on how to remap ATTI mode on M2P? I would like to remap Sport to ATTI as I'm new to flying and will not be using Sport for quite a while. I did try out ATTI in the Dji Sim and it seems interesting enough that I could use it whereas Sport I would not.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78