DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Australia's Simpsons Gap National Park- M2P

christangey

Reactions
Site
www.alicespringsfilmtv.com.au
Number 9 in my series of Australian Landscapes using the M2P in the HLG (HDR) 10 bit format. Encoded and uploaded to Vimeo in H265. Hope you like it!

Stunning visuals. Really great footage. I'm sure your biggest issue is cramming several minutes of footage into a 2 minute final edit.

Simpsons gap is just as I remember it, and being curious to know what's beyond the chasm.

Where do you source your music?

Thanks Dan, for the first time i got somebody else to edit and color grade, I think Sarah has done a good job! The other side is quite rough undulating country, in fact you can access the 200km long Larapinta walking trail from there. I have a paid subscription with Artlist.io which is by far the best non-copyright quality music I've come across.

Reactions: Fishman Dan
and being curious to know what's beyond the chasm

Oh yeah, the Larapinta Trail, It's a great walk, did it in June / July 2010 with 3 mates.
We only had 1 more camp after Simpson Gap, at Wallaby Gap, before finishing in Alice Springs.

4 of us were all pretty close to hypothermic a few times, it had rained steadily / heavily for the previous 7 days, and it was quite an experience.

We got dropped off at the western end of Mt Zeil Range, 2 days before the start of the Larapinta, had to bag NT's highest peak while up there.
19 days later walked into Alice Springs, a total of 251.3km walking, one rest day at Jay Creek.

Truly awesome country, and would love to do it again !!

yes definitely blessed SouthOZ, can't reach many of them right now though, in fact Simpsons Gap is the last one! Hopefully more soon

yes definitely blessed SouthOZ, can't reach many of them right now though, in fact Simpsons Gap is the last one! Hopefully more soon

Yeah, shame about CV border shutdown.

We were supposed to be doing Madigan Line east - west end of May, we've canned it now as we're pretty sure the Aboriginal lands will still be closed off for quite a while, so no permits.

Heck, last year same time we couldn't go due to the flooding on the east side !
Maybe 2021.

Have you got out to Mt Zeil ?
It would be epic to do the summit with a drone from the base, a nice easy 1/2hr or so walk around to the south ridgeline from the western plain.
Glen Helen runs that west end section, they dropped us out by 4WD and we camped with the dingoes first night rough.

Yeah, shame about CV border shutdown.

We were supposed to be doing Madigan Line east - west end of May, we've canned it now as we're pretty sure the Aboriginal lands will still be closed off for quite a while, so no permits.

Heck, last year same time we couldn't go due to the flooding on the east side !
Maybe 2021.

Have you got out to Mt Zeil ?
It would be epic to do the summit with a drone from the base, a nice easy 1/2hr or so walk around to the south ridgeline from the western plain.
Glen Helen runs that west end section, they dropped us out by 4WD and we camped with the dingoes first night rough.

Good to see you doing some SERIOUS running around the country. No, never been to the top of Mount Zeil (which is also Australia's highest mountain beyond the Great Dividing Range) but maybe later in the year with a Discovery survivor show. Actually Glen Helen has just been sold to a mate, plus he bought Napperby, Narwietooma, Derwent and a few others.

Good to see you doing some SERIOUS running around the country. No, never been to the top of Mount Zeil (which is also Australia's highest mountain beyond the Great Dividing Range) but maybe later in the year with a Discovery survivor show. Actually Glen Helen has just been sold to a mate, plus he bought Napperby, Narwietooma, Derwent and a few others.

Nice, the obvious route up the SW spur is an easy climb up Zeil.
Pretty sure there is a container with log book up there in the cairn.

Wow, didn't realise it is the highest peak west of the divide !
Mt Woodroofe was a harder longer climb, though we weren't out for 19 days that trip.

Have bagged the highest peaks in Oz nearly (and most 2nd / 3rd peaks) in Oz now, except for Bartle Frere and Belleden Ker (Qld 1 & 2).
Might nip up to the tip in a few months if all open and bag them on the way, one life mission complete :)

Wow, your mate has his hands full with those properties !
Be awesome to explore them well, but might take a decade or so !!

Look forward to catching up one day when up there again, been way too long (nearly 2 years).

Nice, the obvious route up the SW spur is an easy climb up Zeil.
Pretty sure there is a container with log book up there in the cairn.

Wow, didn't realise it is the highest peak west of the divide !
Mt Woodroofe was a harder longer climb, though we weren't out for 19 days that trip.

Have bagged the highest peaks in Oz nearly (and most 2nd / 3rd peaks) in Oz now, except for Bartle Frere and Belleden Ker (Qld 1 & 2).
Might nip up to the tip in a few months if all open and bag them on the way, one life mission complete :)

Wow, your mate has his hands full with those properties !
Be awesome to explore them well, but might take a decade or so !!

Look forward to catching up one day when up there again, been way too long (nearly 2 years).
Make sure you call in then!

Number 9 in my series of Australian Landscapes using the M2P in the HLG (HDR) 10 bit format. Encoded and uploaded to Vimeo in H265. Hope you like it!
I liked this one a lot. Well composed clips, not too long and boring, great scenery, great smooth and slow flying, dramatic music timed perfectly for effect of the upcoming clip right on the beat! Nice variation of flights- not all uni-directional I give this one an A, and a Bravo! Music service (Artline.Io)had great selections. I have looked at their site and may switch to it when my Musicbed expires.

Absolutely beautiful, love the music.
Thanks Spartan, much appreciated. My music is through paid subscription to Artlist.io, they have some really talented composers there

I liked this one a lot. Well composed clips, not too long and boring, great scenery, great smooth and slow flying, dramatic music timed perfectly for effect of the upcoming clip right on the beat! Nice variation of flights- not all uni-directional I give this one an A, and a Bravo! Music service (Artline.Io)had great selections. I have looked at their site and may switch to it when my Musicbed expires.
Thanks a lot Dale for your continued support, just a small detail though, it is "Artlist.io"

Thanks a lot Dale for your continued support, just a small detail though, it is "Artlist.io"
Yes I knew that- my iMAC likes to "auto correct" my correct spelling and sometimes, even though proof reading before hitting the "Post Reply" button, , a silly spelling like this get by.

Reactions: christangey
Yes I knew that- my iMAC likes to "auto correct" my correct spelling and sometimes, even though proof reading before hitting the "Post Reply" button, , a silly spelling like this get by.
yes auto-correct drives me mad sometimes Dale!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kzenoxx