DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Autolanding mode on its own?

Mattflyer123

Reactions
Hi I recently had an issue where I was flying mi mavic mini above the sea and it suddenly went into auto landing mode, but I didn't even move the throttle down, here is my flight log can anyone explain this?

Welcome to our forum.

I've moved your thread to the correct forum so it can get the help/attention it needs.

Good luck :)

Allen

Reactions: Gindra and Thomas B
Hi there, welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately you were to quick to take off which in the end lead to the Auto land due to the DJI Fly Safe Geo Map Authorization zone around the Puerto Escondido International Airport. If you had waited in full GPS lock & HP recording you had been given the message about the authorization zone & been stopped from a take off.

As seen here you had Navhealth 0 all the way to 19sec after take off meaning no HP recorded & the Fly app didn't know were from on the globe you took off from.
At Navhealth 2 coming in at 21sec the Fly app gives a message regarding the authorization zone (see further below) & a bit later you get your HP recorded at 24sec.

Navhealth.jpg

Messages.jpg

Once reaching 10 meter height (which probably were a limit for auto land in that authorization zone) auto land starts, in approx 7sec you don't do anything but then reacts with negative elevator trying to back in land then followed by 2 shorter positive throttle inputs to stop the descending, the last second before the AC hits the water you also help it go under faster by commanding descending with the throttle.

Autoland NFZ.jpg

This was the DJI Fly Safe Geo Map that commanded the auto land ... your flight spot market with the red cross.

NFZ.jpg

Last edited:
Hi there, welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately you were to quick to take off which in the end lead to the Auto land due to the DJI Fly Safe Geo Map Authorization zone around the Puerto Escondido International Airport. If you had waited in full GPS lock & HP recording you had been given the message about the authorization zone & been stopped from a take off.

As seen here you had Navhealth 0 all the way to 19sec after take off meaning no HP recorded & the Fly app didn't know were from on the globe you took off from.
At Navhealth 2 coming in at 21sec the Fly app gives a message regarding the authorization zone (see further below) & a bit later you get your HP recorded in the wrong location out in the sea, at 24sec.

View attachment 94571

View attachment 94572

Once reaching 10 meter height (which probably were a limit for auto land in that authorization zone) auto land starts, in approx 7sec you don't do anything but then reacts with negative elevator trying to back in land then followed by 2 shorter positive throttle inputs to stop the descending, the last second before the AC hits the water you also help it go under faster by commanding descending with the throttle.

View attachment 94573

This was the DJI Fly Safe Geo Map that commanded the auto land ... your flight spot market with the red cross.

View attachment 94574

If only it had been able to relieve the ban toast - then everything would have been fine.

• Haha
Reactions: Prismatic and slup
If only it had been able to relieve the ban toast - then everything would have been fine.
Yup ... it was only an authorization zone so the possibility had been there to get clearance ...

Hello Slup,

Thanks for taking the time to review my logs.

The thing is, I did unlock the authorization zone a couple of hours before, here is a log of a previous flight just a few minutes before the crash, I flew much higher than 10 meters and just a few meters away from where this happened.

Should that still happen, even after unlocking the authorization zone?

I'll take that to mean that you understood that particular warning. How is toast involved?
OK perhaps my limited English misunderstand the word "toast" ... I've been able to unlock blue zones directly through GO4, that was what I meant.

Blue zone.jpg

OK perhaps my limited English misunderstand the word "toast" ... I've been able to unlock blue zones directly through GO4, that was what I meant.

View attachment 94575

I agree - the blue authorization zones are self-unlockable. Toast, on the other hand:

1582242104195.png

Hello Slup,

Thanks for taking the time to review my logs.

The thing is, I did unlock the authorization zone a couple of hours before, here is a log of a previous flight just a few minutes before the crash, I flew much higher than 10 meters and just a few meters away from where this happened.

Should that still happen, even after unlocking the authorization zone?

My impression is that you have to unlock them before every flight & can't do it before hand. So if you powered down in between flights You have to redo the clearance ... but not 100% sure of this, hopefully somebody else with a full understanding of the DJI zones shime in.

Yes, the app prompted me and I had to unlock before takeoff. I meant I had to send some information to the website beforehand in order for the app unlock to work.

Yes, the app prompted me and I had to unlock before takeoff. I meant I had to send some information to the website beforehand in order for the app unlock to work.
Yeah ... for the flight before that you posted about I imagine ... if you powered down ... & then started up again & didn't wait in full navhealth no pop up message have been coming up before take off. It most possibly came later & you missed it with your eyes on the AC.

I don't have a clue,
MavMin got toasted from the Airport (Radar)
I'm familiar with I got toasted. ;)
MavMin like burnt sliced bread.
Toast as in totaled or gone forever.

Anyways, looking at some of these MavMin logs etc.
They seem to be taking quite a bit longer to get the satellite lock in (HomePoint).

Rod

You as a native English speaker perhaps need to correct me here but ... think "toast" is kind of a "message"?
A toast:
Here's to my drone! But what was it thinking? I told it "Come home." Instead it went drinking! ?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61