DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Autopilot Follow - Sports, Action

Ridermarra

Reactions
Hi everybody i'm new to the forum,

I have done 2 videos of me and friends skiing with the Mavic and Autopilot Follow. My setup was rc mode on the mavic and iPhone 6 plus connected through the secondary usb port. Both phone and rc strapped to my chest using the gopro chest mount.

I have had inconsistent behavior from the drone in these 2 occasions. No crashes but when you look back at your footage and you see the drone hitting the snow and then coming towards you again, you get a little worried for the next time. Here you can see the footage of the touch down: Dropbox - Autopilot follow.m4v

settings were distance 5m and height 24m, behind. with altitude min and max set to their respective limit and altitude priority set to 25m. Responsiveness set to 5 sec. i will try instant the next time. Anyone experimented on this setting?
Anybody has advice? Autopilot support commented that 5m follow distance is too close.

Here you can find both videos:

I have found out that the inconsistent behavior is due to lack of precision of the phones gps, which leads the drone to imprecise following. I have now bought a bluetooth XGPS160 to have more consistent and precise position. I will test in the next days.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka