DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Autopilot Follow - Sports, Action

Ridermarra

Reactions
Hi everybody i'm new to the forum,

I have done 2 videos of me and friends skiing with the Mavic and Autopilot Follow. My setup was rc mode on the mavic and iPhone 6 plus connected through the secondary usb port. Both phone and rc strapped to my chest using the gopro chest mount.

I have had inconsistent behavior from the drone in these 2 occasions. No crashes but when you look back at your footage and you see the drone hitting the snow and then coming towards you again, you get a little worried for the next time. Here you can see the footage of the touch down: Dropbox - Autopilot follow.m4v

settings were distance 5m and height 24m, behind. with altitude min and max set to their respective limit and altitude priority set to 25m. Responsiveness set to 5 sec. i will try instant the next time. Anyone experimented on this setting?
Anybody has advice? Autopilot support commented that 5m follow distance is too close.

Here you can find both videos:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have found out that the inconsistent behavior is due to lack of precision of the phones gps, which leads the drone to imprecise following. I have now bought a bluetooth XGPS160 to have more consistent and precise position. I will test in the next days.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrispmooney