DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Autopilot issues.. please contribute

giluriel

Reactions
Hi Guys,

While using the Mavic pro with autopilot I ran into a couple of issues and I would be happy for some help:
1. The most important issue: After the application crashes (and it does happen..), relaunching it or the DJI Go 4 does not gain control over the quad. I can see the image from the mavic but it will not fly or move in both apps.
It doesn't matter if I engage a new flight mode, try a blackbox, whatever ... nothing helps.
The only thing I came up with to recover it from this state is to start RTH in DJI GO 4 and then cancel it. now I have the control again.
Any idea what should I do after Autopilot crashed - so that it will regain the control?

2. Can I make a waypoint mission in which some some waypoints will have a POI and in some others I will be in Joystick mode (so that the camera's direction will be controlled manually by the pilot?
If so, how do I define it?

3. Very not important.. LOL still: Can I take off automatically using the Autopilot, just like DJI GO 4 does ? Today I'm using the sticks sequence to take off..

I have not used waypoint, but routinely have tried to run pano missions with iPad Air 2, MP on 1.03.0900. It will always start the pano, but the app (not the aircraft) will always crash in the middle of the imaging session. The controller says Joystick mode. The way to recover control is to switch to sport mode. You can then switch back to non-sport mode or whatever. I have always regained full control of the aircraft that way. Joystick mode is part of the control surfaces of these SDK programs like Autopilot. Sure scared me the first time this happened and my aircraft seemed totally locked up. I have read in a number of places about this fix as well and the Autopilot ticket I submitted also mentioned it.

I cannot answer too much about #2 or #3.

My Inspire 1 is not troubled by crashing Autopilot app.

1) Switch to 'Sport mode' to regain control. Be sure to have a powerful tablet running Autopilot. Even my iPad mini 4 crashes from time to time.
That problem got resolved (for me) when running a iPad 9.7 Pro.

2) Use 'Focus Triggers' along your flight path. I.e. one trigger is set to focus on a Subject which is a POI. At another place along your flightpath set another trigger. This time it should be set to 'Joystick Strategy' . After this, you can use the right joystick to control the camera.
Look here: Flight School - Hangar

3) After you completed the pre-flight checks, hit 'engage' and after the (default) 5 sec. countdown, the aircraft takes off by its own.
See also Hangar's flightschool point #7.

Regards,
K.

Reactions: lulrich
Thanks for #1. I have been aware that my iPad was a bit older (2nd gen Air), but did not think it would hiccup to crash.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke