DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Very atmospheric! and great choice of music to fit the 'mood' of the footage ... well done. What an incredible place ...

Nice video. That's definitely fall in the Cascades. Gives me the itch to get out and explore.

Great shots, nice music, well flown.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but, it's way, way too long. We're all guilty of it, sure, but anything over 3 minutes is pushing it for a drone video. People just don't have the patience or attention span for videos that are any longer.

I hear you mrwagdog. I'm the same with a lot of the videos I see here flying over some nondescript field. Of course I'm partial to this one since it's one of my favorite areas to hike, climb, and ski, and I thought the clouds added enough interest to keep people's attention. I noticed my wife not looking enthralled half way through, but thought that this would be the place where other pilots might appreciate it. Thanks for the feedback, I'm going to edit down before I show it to my mom!

Reactions: mrwagdog
Jim- the video is gorgeous. Very rich visually. Enjoyed the music too. Don’t know whether I would consider it too long- possibly. But also great flying. You were able to fly closer to the tree branches than I would have tried and it does make the shot.

Reactions: Rookiepilot
[QUOTE="Jackcutrone, post: 584968, member: 77164"... You were able to fly closer to the tree branches than I would have tried and it does make the shot.[/QUOTE]
You can fly with the camera zoomed in a bit to get that effect. Just be mindful that you lose some peripheral vision which makes it easier to slideslip into something.

I hear you mrwagdog. I'm the same with a lot of the videos I see here flying over some nondescript field. Of course I'm partial to this one since it's one of my favorite areas to hike, climb, and ski, and I thought the clouds added enough interest to keep people's attention. I noticed my wife not looking enthralled half way through, but thought that this would be the place where other pilots might appreciate it. Thanks for the feedback, I'm going to edit down before I show it to my mom!
I can always quit watching. As it is I have it running on one screen while reading on another. The video is perfect, I have spent thousands of hours in the Cascades and you captured it. This is the WA. Cascades?

JDawg, it's up the Mountain Loop Hwy in the central Cascades, the closest trails and mountain access to my house in Lake Stevens.

Nice job! Great location, beautifully flown and well composed and smooth transitions, in a word cinematic. As others said, waaay too long. Best to leave the viewer wanting more, than bored. You have great stock so, edit them into 4 videos, with different themes?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998