DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery 15% - does forced landing use RTH elevation setting ?

The smart battery functions aren't really superseding anything. Those functions are independent from the battery warning settings in DJI GO.

Here's the section of the Mavic Pro manual you're referencing:

View attachment 36823

The table at the bottom is attempting to explain what's being shown in the battery level indicator example above it (which is the indicator that appears at the top of DJI GO). DJI's use of the word "warning" is meant to describe the red and yellow sections of the battery level indicator (not the user defined warnings in DJI GO).

Check out this video for a clear explanation of what the Mavic Pro manual is attempting to explain:

Agreed - in the manual it may just be a confusing use of similar terms to describe different functions. But it doesn't explain the discrepancy between the "SMART_BATTERY.seriousLowWarning" level, the "SMART_BATTERY.seriousLowWarningLanding" flag, and the actual landing trigger percentage.

But it doesn't explain the discrepancy between the "SMART_BATTERY.seriousLowWarning" level, the "SMART_BATTERY.seriousLowWarningLanding" flag, and the actual landing trigger percentage.
Agreed. I've never seen DJI explain any of the data that appears in their flight logs.

Reactions: sar104
And that is the way things are. They dont want them, but they cant stop them. They can ask you not to, but if you are determined and not willing to abide by their wishes, you can do whatever you want. I have said this MANY times before on this forum. " Just because you can, doesnt mean you should".
Remind me not to get into an elevator with you! :D

And I don't disagree, but the question I was answering related to the law, not to the wishes of the NPS.

Bears flee my axe...

Attachments

• big fir 086.jpg
    big fir 086.jpg
    931.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member