DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Buy Orders

Yep... Got the same Nov. 30th email about an hour ago. Find it hard to believe that someone as big as Best Buy can't get a product before 6-8 weeks.
I'm bummed, no Thanksgiving holiday flying.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

In the span of a few months, 3DR manufactured close to 500,000 Solo drones in a manufacturing facility probably 1/5 the size and capacity of DJI. A billion dollar company like DJI most certainly has a much higher capacity. I don't doubt that they could have satisfied the entire pre-order market with 1 month of full production. Clearly that production didn't take place. The big question is why not?

I'm not so sure I would use 3DR's Solo release as a good example. It was a disastrous release with multiple problems not even counting the gimbal. You may be correct, there may be a problem. If there is I would like them to get it fixed before sending my Mavic. I'll wait.

Last edited:
Reactions: Static8 and Gehrbox
Well I guess I will see you guys in this forum about a month from now, to those that haven't cancelled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like this is where I come in and say "I TOLD YOU SO". How on earth so many people actually thought bestbuy was going to deliver on this blows my mind.

I feel like this is where I come in and say "I TOLD YOU SO". How on earth so many people actually thought bestbuy was going to deliver on this blows my mind.

Good for you. Glad you feel better than everyone that decided to believe what the BB people were telling them. You are very superior.

Reactions: Samm
Told

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha told? I literally said everyone is going to be posting in here bitching about bestbuy screwing them over when they change the date. Everyone was like yeah right Best Buy has a great relationship with dji and being sooo cocky.

What happens? Exactly what I said. But yeah I sure got told.

Haha told? I literally said everyone is going to be posting in here bitching about bestbuy screwing them over when they change the date. Everyone was like yeah right Best Buy has a great relationship with dji and being sooo cocky.

What happens? Exactly what I said. But yeah I sure got told.

YOU'RE THE MAN! YEA!!

HIGH FIVE!

I just attempted to pre-order a mavic pro via BB not flymore kit and it told me it would ship November 30th... The Best Buy ship has sailed. I preordered from DJI on Oct 3 hoping to receive by my birthday Dec 5... Wa Wa Waaaaa. Also new article link below on whats up with DJI. Officially done holding me breathe over this drone. Hopefully DJI will learn from this huge mistake. At least be honest, we are all paying customers.

http://gizmodo.com/dji-is-misleading-customers-about-delays-for-its-newest-1788251112

What really stinks about all this is that its bringing out the worst in us pilots... We are using our computers as shields and firing off whatever comes into mind... We are better than this guys. #MakeAmericaKindaGoodAgain #NotATrumpSupporter

What really stinks about all this is that its bringing out the worst in us pilots... We are using our computers as shields and firing off whatever comes into mind... We are better than this guys. #MakeAmericaKindaGoodAgain #NotATrumpSupporter

Best Buy has turned us all in to monsters.

Tbh, it was fun to have something to look forward to. Now I have the time to get a fly less bundle and truly enjoy the experience from day one. I just hope BB releases the funds from the authorization soon.

I have the charge shown as pending although was charged at the time of order. Nothing big, just a reduced available credit until it is released.

I have the charge shown as pending although was charged at the time of order. Nothing big, just a reduced available credit until it is released.
Ok, thanks. Good to know. Because just recently BB has let me get to the payment method instead of automatically removing the Mavic from my Cart.

Edit: no email received, charge still pending, but due date changed. Oh well maybe before the new year. Only have one shoot I would prefer to be using it for right around that time.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure I would use 3DR's Solo release as a good example. It was a disastrous release with multiple problems not even counting the gimbal. You may be correct, there may be a problem. If there is I would like them to get it fixed before sending my Mavic. I'll wait.
Yup I was one of the first in Canada to have the SOLO and it was disastrous pre order launch and major issues with the quad. , gimbal mostly. So it's very real possibility MAVIC is not ready and the people have received the first wave of orders are the test pilots ,and from what I hear there are some issues already , so they are the guinea pigs for all of us , so I'm happy to wait since I have a P3P anyways. People who are freaking out should think of the silver lining here...wait is better since its obvious they have launched the MAVIC too early only to compete with GOPRO's Karma..I'm thinking it will be well into December before majority of us get our MAVICs. They will not miss Xmas as it will be disastrous for DJI, everyone will go with the KARMA or other..

Reactions: Samm and woolvie
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54