DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best phone / tablet to use???

Smerz

Reactions
Hi I have a galaxy S7 edge and when I switch to hd mode I get a warning in the go 4 app saying device too old may experience choppy video or something like that...I want to get an iPad or preferably an Android tablet any recommendations?? Thanks

I get a warning in the go 4 app saying device too old may experience choppy video or something like that
So, is it choppy? If it is, you could try implementing the tips from this guide:

Install DJI GO on an Android Tablet or Phone (Step-by-Step Guide)

I want to get an iPad or preferably an Android tablet any recommendations?
You can find a list of supported and other commonly used tablets here:

Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily)

Yes it's choppy and sometimes the app behaves super slow it has to be my phone .... So was just kind of wondering the ideal tablet or iPad to get as I don't want to get a new phone . And I have a PC so I think it makes sense to stick with Android ?? But if the performance is that much better with an Apple product I will sacrifice and switch teams for my drone lol thanks again for the link

Reactions: Thomas B
So if you could choose whatever you wanted what would you use ?

Reactions: Jet skier
I use an S8+ and Galaxy Tab A for Spark and M2P. remember to turn cache off especially when using Tablet.

iPhone and iPad four or five are the best there are even better than crystal sky as far as screen lock not happening

iPhone and iPad four or five are the best there are even better than crystal sky as far as screen lock not happening
I've had experience with the iPhone 8 and iPad 9.7 2018 and gave up trying to fly in the Florida sun, even with sunshades. Bought a Crystalsky 5.5 which was totally awesome. I currently moved up to the Cryastalsky 7.85 just to get a little larger screen. But either Crystalsky is recommendation.

I've had experience with the iPhone 8 and iPad 9.7 2018 and gave up trying to fly in the Florida sun, even with sunshades. Bought a Crystalsky 5.5 which was totally awesome. I currently moved up to the Cryastalsky 7.85 just to get a little larger screen. But either Crystalsky is recommendation.
I have had a lot of problems with my crystal sky getting too hot and doing the screen lock right in the middle of a flight happens all the time because of the heat my iPhone X will overheat ibut it takes a lot more heat it seems

So was just kind of wondering the ideal tablet or iPad to get as I don't want to get a new phone . And I have a PC so I think it makes sense to stick with Android ??
But if the performance is that much better with an Apple product I will sacrifice and switch teams for my drone lol thanks again for the link
The performance is no better with Apple products.
If you were wanting something in Android flavour, the best flying tablets are the Huawei M3 and M5.

The performance is no better with Apple products.
If you were wanting something in Android flavour, the best flying tablets are the Huawei M3 and M5.

I think The key is to have redundancy all of my displays overheat with warm weather The more the merrier you can keep flying when one peters out

I don't have a problem with overheating it just has tremendous lag on every aspect of flying.the picture the camera settings etc....

I don't have a problem with overheating it just has tremendous lag on every aspect of flying.the picture the camera settings etc....
The S7 should have enough power to run the app properly.
Lots of users report running the S7 successfully:

Try this guide to configuring it properly:

I tried using my (very old) Samsung S5 with my Mavic Pro when I first got it. No good. Picture on the phone was choppy and delayed. I got an Apple IPhone 7 Plus because IOS was supposed to work better. I hate it! The 7 Plus works fine, but the screen is not bright enough in strong sunlight. I have a lot of trouble seeing on the screen what I am flying around. I got a Mavic 2 Zoom and Smart Controller Combo in June. I love the Smart Controller. Setup is a breeze and the screen is very bright, much easier to see in strong sunlight. The Sun is very strong here in the Philippines. If you can afford it, that is my suggestion. Also as an Android user you will find the Apple to be a pain in the butt to use. It's like Apple makes things difficult just to be difficult.

I'm pricing out all different upgrade options now I'm deciding between Huawei m5 iPad mini 5 and the smart controller I'm thinking I'm going to go with one of the tablets this way the money is more justified as I will also have a tablet to use but thank you for your input

Is it bright enough for the sun ????
It's amazing. I flown my M2P today in the bright sun without any hood, with sunglasses on, on 60% screen brightness. You will only need a matt screen protector for approx £5 and you are ready to go.
I was flying a mavic air for over a year. I went through many of ios and android tablets and phones during this time and nothing can beat the smart controller - main reason I have upgraded to M2P.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan