DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Platnum deal

Per DJI's website, here are the differences between the Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum:

"There are three main differences. The Mavic Pro Platinum has an extended flight time of 30 minutes and an increased hover time of 27 minutes. It also has 4dB (60% noise power) aircraft noise reduction. Finally, the aircraft comes in a sleek platinum finish."

Why are they showing everything identical? I thought the plat had different ESC's, props and 4K (i see that part)
The new FOC sinusoidal driver ESCs on the Mavic Pro Platinum allow for a few minutes of extra flight time.

Reactions: BadgerDrone
I think platinum is the way. had both and I would buy 1 for the batteries and get the other stuff else where . get a lot of bs in bundle 20180504_214625.jpg

Per DJI's website, here are the differences between the Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum:

"There are three main differences. The Mavic Pro Platinum has an extended flight time of 30 minutes and an increased hover time of 27 minutes. It also has 4dB (60% noise power) aircraft noise reduction. Finally, the aircraft comes in a sleek platinum finish."

The new FOC sinusoidal driver ESCs on the Mavic Pro Platinum allow for a few minutes of extra flight time.
I think platinum is the way. had both and I would buy 1 for the batteries and get the other stuff else where . get a lot of bs in bundle View attachment 37662
That’s a beauty but it’s not looking too platinum right now ... lol
I found a bundle that was the same price as them singly, I know it’s got a lot of miscellaneous junk in it but hell it’s free so I’ll just pick through what I want and give away the rest

Reactions: Aumoe
you should get a skin to protect that PLATINUM and to see it better orange is nice .also titan antennas are sweet20180506_144955.jpg

In my research comparing the MPP vs MP vs MA, I thought I read or saw somewhere that the MPP has different motors
The motors are the same. The difference is that the MPP has newer ESCs.

In my research comparing the MPP vs MP vs MA, I thought I read or saw somewhere that the MPP has different motors. In one YT video, there was a fellow hovering both side by side and the MPP was running at a considerably lower RPM as well. Further, that swapping the MPP props to the MP alone did not instantly result in the same MPP performance. Quieter yes, but that was the extent of the difference, so that seemed to confirm there was something beyond the props.
That is my understanding as well
Plenty of YouTube videos where guys put MPP props on MP and there is no sound difference as with the regular MP props. The say the motors are different, I can’t confirm

The motors are the same. The difference is that the MPP has newer ESCs.
That is my understanding as well
Plenty of YouTube videos where guys put MPP props on MP and there is no sound difference as with the regular MP props. The say the motors are different, I can’t confirm

Although I am super super new and have only had one of those little AR parrots I am a full-blown OCD researching nutcase ...
In the last 72 hours I’ve probably watched 40 hours of videos .... in a lot of these videos you can tell who is brand new and who is really an experienced drone person... when all the experience guys talk about it they have the correct terminology... The ESC is the difference.... and the consensus from all the videos is those blades do make a little bit of difference... when you put the MPP blades on the MP you still have a whistle or high-pitched whine from the ESC but I still believe you drop a couple dB ...

when you put the MPP blades on the MP you still have a whistle or high-pitched whine from the ESC but I still believe you drop a couple dB ...
I don't have an MPP, but I can tell you the MP is a little bit quieter with the low-noise props. Is it a huge difference? No. One downside is that the low-noise props are a little flimsier. That probably won't matter though if you store them carefully when not in use.

Just got a MPP at Micro Center (in store only) for $899.
That’s where I ordered mine this morning, except I got mine on there on line store :D

Reactions: Aumoe
Just got a MPP at Micro Center (in store only) for $899.
Really? I was able to pick one up for $719 ($748 w/tax) at my local microcenter using their 10% digital imaging gift card promotion Friday. I even went back on Saturday with a friend and he got the same deal. I know it says 10% but when they scan it into the computer it takes 20% off! Page 26- May eCatalog - Prices Good 4/30 - 5/13/18

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard