DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best smartphone to use with a DJI Mavic 2 drone?

I don't think that is correct. RTH will work, but if you don't have GPS on the control device you can not reset it.
As for sim card I can't see why that would matter.

That's my understanding. By "can not reset it", that means "cannot change the home point that was already recorded by the aircraft when you took off".

So RTH will always have the original home point to fly home too, even with a tablet / device that is not even cellular capable.

Just don't take off until a home point is recorded (the controller will tell you when that happens), but then, that's always the correct thing to do, regardless of cellular capability.

Chris

I just bought the air 2 and then found that all my devices are incompatible. So I'm in the market for a new phone. Having scanned some posts, forums and reviews it seems that perhaps not all the devices on the DJI Mavic Air 2 compatible list are ideal.
My budget is limited but I hafta get the phone this week.
Does anyone particularly recommend Galaxy S10?

I just bought the air 2 and then found that all my devices are incompatible. So I'm in the market for a new phone. Having scanned some posts, forums and reviews it seems that perhaps not all the devices on the DJI Mavic Air 2 compatible list are ideal.
My budget is limited but I hafta get the phone this week.
Does anyone particularly recommend Galaxy S10?

This is the forum section for the Mavic 2 which uses a different DJI application, you'd be better looking in the Mavic Air 2 section here:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent