DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Better PolarPro ND filter choice: Vivid or Shutter Collection?

Mavikhan

Reactions
I will be shooting videos of farms and woodlands on bright sunny days with a Mavic Pro and I want to prevent overexposure. I hope the Cinema Series coming out next month can fix that. There will be occasional beach and lake videos, but mostly trees and farms. So, Vivid or Shutter Collection...... which do I need?

Last edited:
Reactions: JordyWoods
The vivid collection are Polarized ND filters. PL will help with reflections over water and they tend to bring out colours more. It's a tough one really as there has not been any comparison footage between both types of ND filters yet afaik. The downside with the PL ones are that you will have orientate them correctly to get the benefits but as long as the filters have a mark on rim then then this should not be too difficult to do against the horizontal plane but the results could be a little hit and miss without practice. I woul dcontact PP and ask if they have any footage, hopefully they have tested them prior to moving to production so they should have right?!? :confused:

Reactions: Mavikhan
You don't need to "prevent overexposure". The only reason you might want ND filters is to allow for slow shutter speeds that give a more pleasing motion blur on moving subjects.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi