DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Blue color cast in outer perimeter of still photos

In their own statement, DJI said:

A solution to color shading in snowfields and LED lights, etc. is still under testing and color shading has not been totally removed just yet.
Customers also reported that color shading is more obvious in DNG images than in JPEG images. We are working on fixing this.

So, we have to sit tight until they come up with a solution via firmware update and hope for the best. Until then, or if they can't compensate it 100%, I guess we just have to deal with it in post processing. A few filters for the usual software like Affinity Photo and Photoshop, or FCPX and Resolve, and it becomes a non-issue.

But sending a Mavic in will not change anything about this. Chances are you'll get a unit back that's worse in some other way.

I just tested a brand new Mavic I got back today after sending my old one back for the edge focus issue last week. Edge focus issue is gone but looks like the "hot spot" is still quite apparent in my initial pictures with snow. Oh well, looks like I'll be playing with LR radial filters...

there are def still issues with the DNG files. I get lots of magenta and blue edges. I have a preset I've made for ACR for the drone, but it still needs extra tweaking depending on the scene.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000