DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buddy camera App?

richacourt

Reactions
Hi was flying around a yacht yesterday there was lots of ropes and rigging, I was trying to get good shot off the deck, flying was hard and taking good images was harder, is there an app to let some else control my camera why I fly?

Many thanks

Rich

With the Inspire??? Yep for sure...
With the Mavic pro there are apps that will fly whilst you control the camera of sorts?

Hi Simon, yes in a situation like this i wanted to fly but give control of the camera to someone else I am a novice only had 10 flight to date what app would you recommend please

I'm sorry mate, I was a little condiscending because you gave us no indication of what aircraft you are/were flying.
You can spend a great deal of money on an RPA that will do exactly what you want, however, I'm assuming that you are not going down that path??
If I interpret your question correctly, you want to fly, and someone move the camera around? Well, here we are in the Mavic forum, and there is not a Mavic, of any ilk that can do that.
However.... there are apps that 'will fly for you', or you can program a flight path, and then you 'do not need to worry about flying' but concentrate on camera actions.
Apps such as Litchi and Drone Harmony are ones that I have had experience with, have a look at their respective websites.
Good luck Matey!

yes sorry it is the Mavic Pro, the pre-program flights when you have ropes and rigging I don't think will do the Job but I will have a look at the site you have recommended many thank for your help

In my experience, ropes and rigging are contained within the vessel! How close do you wanna get?? Maybe a gopro on a pole???

We built the deck so close! :) I was wondering if the Air would be better for the job because of side sensors and back sensors

Attachments

• DJI_0021.JPG
    DJI_0021.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 24
Ahh yes, I remember this post when you first started.
I would not fly the low shots mate, I would get creative and use the mavic as a hand held gimbal, and do the high shots simply outside the rigging, or use a pole with an Osmo or similar.
It looks like a mega$$ job, so get the right gear now and make your resume shine with quality, rather than half arsed, IMO!

You should be able to add a second controller and screen device to the mavic from which a person could move the gimbal, focus and fire the camera. (or get flying lessons)

With the Inspire??? Yep for sure...
That's the whole beauty of the Inspire and the main reason I have one. With the Z3 zoom you can get very close while keeping distance. Takes a bit of practice though for a camera man to operate it well. And you need to fly predictable, or better, fly a well thought out flight plan.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colinhayesroberts