Can not reply to a comment

John Gowland

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I get this message from an attempt to reply to a comment
"Oops! We ran into some problems.
Please enter a message with no more than 5 pieces of media."

The message I tried to reply to was

The "Oops" message pops up for me sometimes, although I haven't seen the media message.

Are you trying to load media?

It could be the browser needs refreshed or the administrators could be working in the background on the server and the "reply" could be down momentarily. 🤔

I'd try it again.

I only get that message when posting is fast between posts, only allows one a minute or something like that.
Maybe try logging out, clear cache or restart, see if that fixes it.

(I personally don't think the thread needs deleting, as mentioned there, the FPV is more like the Mavics in operation than true FPV drones.)

Did log off and rebooted. I will leave it anyway and if any of the mods want to delete it, that is ok by me.
I would like to know how to delete a post I made.

For me, there is a "DELETE: button beside the "EDIT" button below any recent posts that I have made.

I get this message from an attempt to reply to a comment
What was in the body of your reply? Did you maybe attempt to share more than 5 YouTube links?

Beside my edit is report and there is no DELETE.
But thanks for the info.
That's odd, what browser? This is safari but I normally use Firefox on windows and I have the delete option there. One addendum, both delete and edit disappear when the post is a certain 'age'/
oops I thought the buttons were capitalised but just saw they are not.

Last edited by a moderator:
No just a few sentences. I presume everyone has a delete button. I don't.
I think you get a certain amount of time to edit or delete your posts after which those buttons disappear, I suppose because deleting things after other people have posted disrupts the continuity of the thread, but I'm guessing based on what happens on another forum I'm on. One of our Mods will no doubt tell you for sure, they're quite a herlpful bunch. 😊

Reactions: clackey
I presume everyone has a delete button. I don't.
The first post in a thread cannot be deleted if that's what you're referring to. Only a mod can delete it.

I tried again and just keep getting the same message so thanks. A good system really. Because all those who commented would be meaningless. Yup good system.

I think you get a certain amount of time to edit or delete your posts after which those buttons disappear, I suppose because deleting things after other people have posted disrupts the continuity of the thread, but I'm guessing based on what happens on another forum I'm on. One of our Mods will no doubt tell you for sure, they're quite a herlpful bunch. 😊
Yup, as I said good system. :)

Reactions: The Fat Controller
As msinger has pointed out the first post can not be deleted by the poster So if you are the first to post and then loads of people comment it would be silly for the first first poster to be able to delete it. All the messages would be meaningless. You can ask a moderator to delete it. I think it is a good system but the problem I am having is that I can not contribute even though I was the first to post.

As msinger has pointed out the first post can not be deleted by the poster So if you are the first to post and then loads of people comment it would be silly for the first first poster to be able to delete it. All the messages would be meaningless. You can ask a moderator to delete it. I think it is a good system but the problem I am having is that I can not contribute even though I was the first to post.
Thanks. I'll message you directly to work through this.

Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yongyong