DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can someone remove the DJI account to unlock the drone and unbind it?

Nope. Either he or the mods deleted his account from the forum shortly after he made that claim, so I no longer have access to the PM's exchanged with him regarding his claim to be able to unregister the prior account owner.
He was probably banned for selling a service without becoming an approved vendor. Especially with the price he was charging. Plus as I remember he had to remotely control your computer to accomplish the task. Very risky!

Reactions: AnzacJack
Successful unbinding of previous owner by DJI

I recently purchased a DJI drone in an auction only to find out many of the accessories were not in the box, most needed was the charger as the Air 2s cannot do USB-C charging in the aircraft. I purchased a new DJI charger and new props and started the drone up only to learn it was already bound to another account. Sigh…

I contacted DJI Support by phone and the next level support at DJI sent me an email, essentially how to unbind the aircraft, asking me to contact the previous owner and have them do it. The auction had purchased a truckload of Amazon returns and had no way of tracking down the owner.

I replied to DJI with that information. They asked for the paid invoice from the auction, which I had and provided. DJI then asked for a letter from the auction house confirming they were the previous owner to the sale and had no objection to unbinding. I wrote the letter with the specific wording DJI wanted and the auction house put it on their letterhead and signed it.

Within 24 hours of sending that back to DJI Support, the aircraft was unbound and I bound to my DJI account.

Get rid of it while you still can; I'm just saying. o_O
Feek said :(
That would be despicable...just completely dishonest
I couldn't pass the problem to someone. I wouldn't sleep well at night knowing I did that.
You said it was working fine, right? Sell it as working fine and disclose to the seller that the drone is bound and cannot be reversed. Or sell it for parts only. There are people out there who love a challenge and may be able to hack the drone. As long as you know the drone is not stolen, be honest and disclose everything you know and let the buyer make up their own mind.
I realize y'all have read my last reply to clarify "get rid" comment as not meaning "try to cheat the next person."

But I feel the need to further comment:

DJI created this problem. It's a problem that isn't obvious to the buyers or the sellers and there isn't an easy answer for those who find themselves in this position. DJI has a working solution (and probably doing their best) but it doesn't always solve the problem. Finding yourself in possession of a bound drone is not a crime and not necessarily your fault and it doesn't always mean the drone is stolen.

Instead of pointing the finger at the buyer, we should be finding a way to help at the same time recognizing that the market is full of these bound drones and they are everywhere in every aftermarket channel; people don't just trash them...they circulate. Naturally people who end up with one look for a way to get themselves out of a bind (no pun intended) and if you can do it legally, not their fault to try; blame it on DJI.

From that last post, there appears to be several outfits and organizations trafficking in bound drones and they appear to be signing off on requests they receive from....until they don't. And that's from people who know how to ask. If anyone is really that concerned with this, work to stop the practice or solve the problem but let's not look down on the person stuck with one of these or the person who suggests how to dispose of them properly instead of just trashing it which nobody wants to do. I know for some of your guys $1,500 down the drain is pocket change...but for others, not so much. ;)

Reactions: J. Dub
Feek said :(

I realize y'all have read my last reply to clarify "get rid" comment as not meaning "try to cheat the next person."

But I feel the need to further comment:

DJI created this problem. It's a problem that isn't obvious to the buyers or the sellers and there isn't an easy answer for those who find themselves in this position. DJI has a working solution (and probably doing their best) but it doesn't always solve the problem. Finding yourself in possession of a bound drone is not a crime and not necessarily your fault and it doesn't always mean the drone is stolen.

Instead of pointing the finger at the buyer, we should be finding a way to help at the same time recognizing that the market is full of these bound drones and they are everywhere in every aftermarket channel; people don't just trash them...they circulate. Naturally people who end up with one look for a way to get themselves out of a bind (no pun intended) and if you can do it legally, not their fault to try; blame it on DJI.

From that last post, there appears to be several outfits and organizations trafficking in bound drones and they appear to be signing off on requests they receive from....until they don't. And that's from people who know how to ask. If anyone is really that concerned with this, work to stop the practice or solve the problem but let's not look down on the person stuck with one of these or the person who suggests how to dispose of them properly instead of just trashing it which nobody wants to do. I know for some of your guys $1,500 down the drain is pocket change...but for others, not so much. ;)
Well said

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas