DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you FLY your Mavic Pro while sill wearing an Apple Watch? Not Calibrate but just fly?

Flyhigh1

Reactions
I just bought a new apple watch and my question is do I have to take it off every time I want to fly it? I check the internet and I understand if you need to calibrate the drone the it needs to come off however I only calibrate once in a blue moon so can I fly without problems or do I need to take off? Thanks,

as you dont fly while you are holding your drone in your hand ,then just stand at least 6ft from your drone while it gets sats locked and then you should be fine

Reactions: Tommy85
Hello Flyhigh1:

I usually leave my watch (Fenix 5Plus) on while I fly. However, I have noticed that the watch can have a large influence on the compass within my phone (iPhone 11 Pro). I fly with the Mavic Air 2 standard controller which uses my phone as a display. It seems as though the potential role of a compass in the controller (or the controller using compass information from the phone) would be limited to reflecting the relationship of the controller/pilot to the flying drone - what angle does the drone’s heading have to the pilot, etc. Handy information, but not something that would necessarily cause a disaster if inaccurate.

Where I have noticed the negative influence of the watch (and any nearby metal) is when I use Photopills or Peak Finder to predict the point of an impending sun or moon rise for planning video recording. Errors of 10 or more degrees are common if metal (or watch) is close.

Howard

I have an Apple Watch, I never thought about it. I'll test it.

I frequently fly while wearing my Apple Watch. I’ve never deactivated watch or phone signals before flying and consistently get 18+ satellites. I’ve also never taken my watch off while calibrating and haven’t noticed any issues.

I just bought a new apple watch and my question is do I have to take it off every time I want to fly it? I check the internet and I understand if you need to calibrate the drone the it needs to come off however I only calibrate once in a blue moon so can I fly without problems or do I need to take off? Thanks,
Don't know where you heard that. I never remove my Apply watch and don't have any problems

I have an M2P and an Apple Watch I do usually take mine off before flying. I have left it on and flown without any issues, the issue I occasionally have had is when turning on the ac. I have a magnetic watch band and it may interfere with the compass causing it to require calibration, and it will never calibrate if I’m wearing it. Never had a problem with wearing the Apple Watch and non magnetic band.

There is no evidence that I am aware of that indicates that the signals from an Apple watch would interfere in any way with the operation of your drone.. Not even sure they are strong enough to interfere with calibration.. specially if you go through the motions with the opposite hand from the wrist your wearing the watch on,.

Reactions: PinpointUAVS
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sedmonds