DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cannot take off. No gps help!

@Weadinator, can we take a look at one of your TXT flight logs? Please upload one here and post a link back here.

Sometimes patience is needed. I was flying from a beach came down to change batteries then had to wait a few minutes for everything to come back on line enough for me to feel comfortable.
Make sure you are in clear area, set it all up and wait without messing around with things.

Take it outside and get a good GPS signal before your first flight. Indoor flight is bad luck for beginners. Many people crash their drones immediately after trying to fly them indoors.

No indoor flying... all in the great outdoors.

My phone gets GPS. My TomTom watch gets GPS. My car Navman gets GPS. My Mavic does not get GPS... Lament.

Your flight log contains no GPS data. It appears that the GPS receiver is either disconnected or not functioning. Contact DJI Support for help or return your Mavic to the seller and get a replacement.

No indoor flying... all in the great outdoors.

My phone gets GPS. My TomTom watch gets GPS. My car Navman gets GPS. My Mavic does not get GPS... Lament.

The reason you are NOT getting gps is maybe that the compass is getting conflicting data.

Go into and open grassy field free of magnetic interference.
Do the compass dance and make sure you are doing it right.
-open legs up
-360 on the flat rotation and then drop nose and 360 rotation again (dont follow the app instruction - says to turn it sideways).

Test flight. If all good then you dont need to do a compass dance unless the app ask you to.

The reason you are NOT getting gps is maybe that the compass is getting conflicting data.

Go into and open grassy field free of magnetic interference.
Do the compass dance and make sure you are doing it right.
-open legs up
-360 on the flat rotation and then drop nose and 360 rotation again (dont follow the app instruction - says to turn it sideways).

Test flight. If all good then you dont need to do a compass dance unless the app ask you to.
Hi.

Yeah. I've done the compass calibration "dance" before every flight in all three locations I've flown the little beast. Still no GPS.

Your flight log contains no GPS data. It appears that the GPS receiver is either disconnected or not functioning. Contact DJI Support for help or return your Mavic to the seller and get a replacement.
Dear MavicHelp,

The GPS was truly DOA. Under Australian consumer law, the little beast had to be replaced with a new one as it was within 30 days of purchase. The supplier was great and made it happen asap. The result? I now have a Mavic that shows five bars in the GPS status (and I can fly higher than 5m off the ground)!

Thanks again for the heads up on the flightlog data.

So, I'm another n00b with the same problem. No satellites whatsoever. If anyone has any new ideas, I will try them tonight. Otherwise, I will be returning it tomorrow.

btw, it didn't work before the firmware update, nor after.

Hello there,
I just bought a new DJI mavic pro. So it will be the first flight. I did the setup installed the charged battery, connected the phone and the remote.
The problem is on the screen it says cannot take off no gps. I tried to start up indoors and outdoors
Could anyone tell me what is wrong?
Thank you.View attachment 6593 View attachment 6592
I was having the same problem. If you're using your controller, please disable location on your phone/tablet.

saya dari indonesia.. iam from indonesia.
mavic air not take off. help me please

Attachments

• IMG20190111083551.jpg
    IMG20190111083551.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG20190111083549.jpg
    IMG20190111083549.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG20190111084548.jpg
    IMG20190111084548.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 17
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case