DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't fly over people???

thanks for all your inputs and comments the park is owned and run by the council and i have a good relationship with the park rangers i will continue to fly there till i am told otherwise

Reactions: Stiltskin
thanks for all your inputs and comments the park is owned and run by the council and i have a good relationship with the park rangers i will continue to fly there till i am told otherwise

Or you hit someone???
Your rules over there are quite lax, with the 50 mtr bubble thing, which means you can indeed fly over people, but you also have the 'hazardous operation' clause, which I would have thought would come into play, if your Drone suffers a malfunction, and you damage someone or some property???

Or you hit someone???
Your rules over there are quite lax, with the 50 mtr bubble thing, which means you can indeed fly over people, but you also have the 'hazardous operation' clause, which I would have thought would come into play, if your Drone suffers a malfunction, and you damage someone or some property???

I wouldn't say lax. There not overly restrictive, with UAVs subject to the same laws as any other aircraft. Rarely does a drone come straight down vertically anyway. There usually carrying some forward momentum do flying near is just as dangerous.

If something did happen, the courts would look into what systems were put in place by the operator to minimise the risk (eg risk assessment before flight and evidence of planing where to fly in advance to minimise the chance of overlying people or property) and role based on that. It's also why you should have insurance to cover legal costs etc should the worst happen.

I wouldn't say lax. There not overly restrictive, with UAVs subject to the same laws as any other aircraft. Rarely does a drone come straight down vertically anyway. There usually carrying some forward momentum do flying near is just as dangerous.

If something did happen, the courts would look into what systems were put in place by the operator to minimise the risk (eg risk assessment before flight and evidence of planing where to fly in advance to minimise the chance of overlying people or property) and role based on that. It's also why you should have insurance to cover legal costs etc should the worst happen.

You have to look at the other sections of the ruling!!
One says you can fly over and above that 50 mtr 'bubble', but the other says you cant conduct hazardous flight...
If you fly near people, and hit some one, I believe you are seriously stuffed!?
How many Rec flyers have insurance??? @old man mavic do you???
However after your UK Gatwick efforts, who knows what will happen?!!

You have to look at the other sections of the ruling!!
One says you can fly over and above that 50 mtr 'bubble', but the other says you cant conduct hazardous flight...
If you fly near people, and hit some one, I believe you are seriously stuffed!?
How many Rec flyers have insurance??? @old man mavic do you???
However after your UK Gatwick efforts, who knows what will happen?!!
i am a member of the BMFA which gives me liability insurance up to 25 million if my UAV caused damage or injury to a third party i carry the certificate with me when i fly plus i also have insurance that coveres my UAV against damge fly aways or water damage i do fly responcibly and respect others when i view my footage at home it is for my sight only i dont go online and to be honest with you at the height i am flying at it is not possible to identify the features of people as they go by as i said earlier i take off from the highest point in the park and by the time i am 50ft from my take off point because of the topography of the area i am over 150ft AGL i go up to 150ft from my take off point and then for most of the flight i am well above the minimum height for over flying people and anyway i would never fly in the park if there are events going on with lots of people there

Coma, (sic) full stop.
Sorry ,did not know we had to be grammatically correct.I will try to do better in future. By the way,have a happy christmas.

You too my friend! Merry Christmas!
thanks,just an aside ,hows the weather in OZ,its not good for flying here at the moment.

Reactions: FoxhallGH
Reactions: old man mavic
Reactions: FoxhallGH
I'm so glad I didn't emigrate to Australia (I was tempted 40 years' ago)! Aussie seems to have regressed to the UK 50 years ago!

I'm so glad I didn't emigrate to Australia (I was tempted 40 years' ago)! Aussie seems to have regressed to the UK 50 years ago!
If Jacob Rees-Mogg has anything to do with it, we'll be back there in the 50's too! o_O

Reactions: old man mavic
If you are not in control of the person then you need to be 50m from them (imagine a bubble around them). So flying at 100' AGL you will be breaking this if you overfly/fly near them. That said the park may be considered a built up area so unless there is permission from the owner of the park (council I presume) to fly there.

no not 50m, but 30 m. think of like a 60m wide cylinder

I contacted casa a while ago to clarify a few things

Basically, no one owns the airspace above any land but casa control is and allow aircraft, incl drones, to fly there. maybe different in other countries.

or look at it from another point, if we ignore the rules, the authorities will just make things harder

Legislators who don't fly will make more laws about a hobby they know very little about & we will all suffer in the end. The 'rules' are already slowly choking the fun out of the hobby. No one will ever control the 1% ___holes who speed in cars, drive recklessly or fly drones dangerously & ruin it for the law-abiding 99% - that is the way life goes & it will continue this way forever...

Reactions: Aussie Oldtimer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661